(Closed) Why can’t I shut the %$&@ up??

posted 8 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

It’s okay! We all go through those times. The month before my now-FI proposed, I felt like I had reached the end of my rope. I was tired of being patient, and EVERY LITTLE THING set me off. If it wasn’t for this board, I think Mr. Smiling would have went running for the hills!

It sounds like your guy is relaxed and understanding–that always helps! Focus on enjoying the holiday with your SO, your family, and friends. I hope we will be reading your proposal story soon!

Post # 4
52 posts
Worker bee

@gocubbies:

ahaha, I’m the same way. I can’t get if off my mind and I let it show. AHHH..I definitely know what you mean about getting on your own nerves!

Post # 5
64 posts
Worker bee

@gocubbies:

I just experienced something like this today! I have had two girls I know get engaged within the past week or so and that, coupled with all the dang engagement commercials on the telly, is driving me nutso! I completely agree with you on the fact that I don’t understand why it hasn’t happened for me yet either… its starting to worry me.

But, like your boyfriend, mine is also fairly laid back and takes me in stride when I get anxious about it. Most of the time I know I should just shut my mouth, but its difficult when sometimes its all thats on my mind!

AAHHHHHH!

Post # 6
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I know how you feel. My Boyfriend or Best Friend told me back in July that it would happen by the end of the year. Well the years almost over and I’m going CRAZY right now!!! Hopefully we all will have a nice relaxing christmas and new year. πŸ˜‰

Post # 7
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

ugh i know exactly what you’re talking about. i’m engaged now, but definitely hated the “before” period. i think i annoyed MYSELF more than him, because it was on my mind 24/7 i felt like i brought it up too often, but looking back i know now that i mostly just thought it & got paranoid about being a “nag” whenever i did bring it up.

laid back boys just make it harder too! plus, all of my girlfriends/women in the family who were waiting for a proposal didn’t seem as crazy i felt, but reading these boards and posts like this reassured me that it was normal (not healthy! but normal nonetheless πŸ™‚

i actually planned a proposal and got him a ring, he surprised me before i could propose!

Post # 8
174 posts
Blushing bee

I was great at the Xmas Challenge during the month of November.  But Thanksgiving (and spending time with my SO’s neices and nephew) kinda brought it up again….and again and again every weekend since.  I try so hard not to bring it up, but I can’t help but make the little jabs when the opportunities present themselves (e.g. someone gets married on tv, and I automatically look at my SO, and he looks at me back) and then the subject comes up.

TRYING TO KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT until 2011, but I know Xmas weekend (and we both took the week after Xmas off so we’ll have 10 whole days together) I will fail miserably.

Post # 9
34 posts
Newbee

I am in the SAME exact boat! Right there with ya sister!

Post # 10
2295 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@gocubbies: ahhh I feel the same way. Even tho SO keeps saying it doesnt annoy him but excite him, I still think I talk about it too much πŸ˜› Thank god for the waiting board, i can vent and get excited here. It also doesnt help that he enjoys torturing me with hints and then being silent for MONTHS- its funny and then infruiating!. Anyways I know how you feel, but cheer up! I hope posting here and having others tell you we understand makes you feel better but if you need more, do something completely and totally out of character and non-wedding related- I watch horror films- yeah, I know Im a wierdo, but it helps, really πŸ˜€

Post # 11
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

So glad that I am not the only one with this problem. My boyfriend says I am on the verge of being obsessed. HAHA!!! I have some days where I won’t think about it and other days where all I do is look at wedding stuff online.

Post # 12
567 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I totally know what you mean!

Post # 13
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@megin: Oh me too…my Boyfriend or Best Friend said before the end of the year…and I keep bringing it up.  And unlike gocubbies SO, mine is getting irritated as well.  Maybe I’m so antsy because this exact same scenario happened last year, and needless to say I am still waitingFrown

Post # 14
9 posts
Newbee

Me too…my SO actually told me that I should be a wedding coordinator because I love weddings so much.  That is true, but right now it would drive me crazy to do that.  I’m too obsessed with wanting to be the bride and enjoy it.  But…so driving myself crazy…..everything affects me!  I feel like the world is getting engaged and here I am.  And…no timeline.

Post # 15
3305 posts
Sugar bee

glad you guy doesn’t mind- that helps things out a lot

The topic ‘Why can’t I shut the %$&@ up??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors