Post # 1
In list form.
1) He likes to get in the shower. IN the shower, IN the water. If we close the bathroom door and he hears the shower running he sits outside the door and cries loudly. I’d let him in but who wants wet cat running around a small apartment EVERYDAY.
2) He suckles our dog, nonstop. He’s a big boy now (1 year) but if we let him sleep in the bedroom with us and our dog, he will suckle our dog to the point where the dog begins to whimper and cry and then he’ll keep going.
3) He loves earwax. He breaks into our trash in the bathroom to get at q-tips. Initially I thought he just liked Q-tips so I threw a few into the living room for him to play with. They sat on the floor for a few days untouched while he broke into the trash can hundreds of time to chew on our earwax.
4) Sometimes he sits in his litterbox hissing to himself. The litterbox is in our laundry closet and we keep the door closed (it has a cat door) so if nobody goes in there to interrupt him he will sit in there hissing to himself for hours on end.
5) He will only drink water from our dog’s water dish or from our cups. We’ve tried buying him his own identical set, we tried leaving little bowls throughout the apartment for him. Nope. Now I have one of our glasses painted with his name that we leave for him on the dining table.
I know everybody’s cat has ‘quirks’ but really? This is out of control. Does anybody else’s cat have quirks to this degree?
Post # 3
I had a weird cat… but not that weird. Methinks your cat IS an alien. 🙂 And also that you should post a pic of the little ET.
Post # 4
OMG…I was laughing out loud when I got to #4…that is awesome. Our college cat used to sit and stare at us while we were in the shower (glass door shower). She was a little risque.
Post # 5
I don’t have a cat right now…. but I just needed to say that #4 had me cracking up. I’ve had cats in the past and they never did ANYTHING like what you have described. I agree, your cat is an alien 😉
Post # 6
My cat suckles my other cat too! He will do it until my other cat has a wet belly and the victim just sits there and lets him do it! and I agree, #4 made me laugh out loud for real! I admit when I read that I hissed under my breath a little which made me giggle even more! 🙂
Post # 7
- Wedding: June 2010 - Indiana Memorial Union
Haha, your cat is weird 🙂
Post # 8
Oh always happy to provide pics of my Baby! This actually reminds me of another one of his quirks – he LOVES video games. If Fiance is playing any sort of military game, well you see. He sits there and he plays along. He likes to “tag” things as they explode.
That’s actually hilarious to me (not so much to the video-gaming player 🙂
Post # 9
Hahahaha that is so funny!
Our cat doesn’t really do anything weird, she just likes to do things she knows will piss me off!
Post # 10
That is hilarious.
My cat is an alien too. We have to make sure cleaning products are NOT left out, because she likes to lick the nozzles.
Also, She hisses while i pet her… but she’s not unhappy… she likes it. It’s like her way of purring.
I had to add a picture because she even LOOKS like an alien:
Post # 11
I’m dying! That’s hilarious. My cats are weird, but yours is a freak. Congratulations! haha
Post # 12
@robinlinz: Oh that’s hilarious about her hissing instead of purring.. that makes me laugh.
My cat didn’t know how to hiss until Christmas when he met my parent’s cats. I think he’s practicing in the potty. It’s where we all do our best thinking.
Post # 14
- Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas
That’s amazing – I love cats…they always have so much personality, hahah!
Post # 15
I keep coming back to my post b/c it makes me laugh so hard. I love that he’s sitting there playing the video games with your FI!
@robinlinz – your cat is like the terminator. Hah…I love this!
Post # 16
My cat does a lot of the same things! He loves to lick ears (guessing the saltiness of the earwax does it for him), gets into the shower as soon as you start the water, and is OBSESSED with any cup you leave lying around. He just has to drink the water out of them. every. time.
Oh, and he also knows how to get in the sink and turn on the water…..smart (but rotten) kitty. =)