- 5 years ago
- Wedding: March 2014
Yep, most of you have already heard a lot of the reasons why I suspect he will propose on May 19th… here’s a few more and my current feelings/how the waiting has been for me.
First of all, why I know he has the ring:
1. End of February we went shopping to see what type of setting I would like. SO suggested we go and honestly I had stopped pressuring him at all by this point, so I was pleasantly surprised.
2. We looked for a couple weekends, then abruptly stopped. Every time I suggested another place, he would avoid the conversation.
3. End of March I accidentally saw an email that was pretty obvious it was about ordering a ring.
4. Mid April he took Friday off work and went on a couple random/mysterious errands. It was definitely out of the norm.
5. Late April I used his phone to look up a recipe and the last thing googled was a jewelry insurance company.
And now why I think he’s proposing Sunday.
1. In December, him and I discussed a “by June” timeline.
2. He’s been a sweetheart lately, and has been buying me flowers every couple weeks for the past few months.
3. We are going to be in Seattle for his uncle’s memorial (which is on Saturday). His entire family will be in town, including his parents from the East Coast and his sister from Arizona. His brother still lives in Seattle.
4. Originally, his mom wasn’t going to fly out for the memorial, only his dad. His mom all of a sudden changed her mind and booked a plane ticket.
5. He was pretty insistent about me seeing my family while we’re in Seattle as well (they live about 3 hours from the city).
6. A week ago, we were in the car and I asked him if there was any reason we shouldn’t get engaged now and he said “no.”
7. He has been planning for us to take a walk on campus where we went to University in the morning on Sunday. Neither of us have been back since we graduated, but it’s kind of weird for him to want to go be nostalgic… but I do think it’s a pretty perfect place to propose as it has meaning for both of us.
8. He told my parents on the phone yesterday to not be in town before 10:30-11AM because we are going on this walk.
9. He’s planned for both of our immediate families to join us for lunch immediately following this walk at a restaurant on the Seattle pier that we both love and have been to together a few times.
How has this last stretch waiting been for me?
I’ve actually been calm. BUT I believe the reason I’ve been calm is because I have this day in mind. I haven’t been getting overly anxious and excited if he takes me out to dinner or something in the meantime because I’m pretty sure I have it figured out.
I’m feeling honestly happy and so in love with him. I’ve been more concerned about getting my finances in order so I’m prepared when we have to discuss how we’re going to afford a wedding. I’ve been overly affectionate with him and have been much more cognisant of doing the little things for him that I know will make him happy. I’ve also been less annoyed when he goes out with friends late… I just imagine that maybe he’s excited to propose so being around me a lot and not talking about it is making it harder.
I spent last Saturday with a mutual friend of ours (his friend through work who is probably closer to me now than to him), and she was asking me questions about when do I think it’s going to happen etc. I tried not to tell her too much cause I know they talk and I don’t want him to know I have it figured out in case he changes his mind on doing it then because of that.
SO went on a bachelor party on Saturday and Sunday he was musing over what our Bachelor and Bachelorette parties would be like. It was cute to see him kind of daydream about what our experience will be through the engagement/wedding process.
So all in all, I think Sunday I will be freaking out, but until then, calm. If it doesn’t happen Sunday, I will be a bit disappointed. It seems like the perfect time to me especially given how little we get to see both of our families. But, I will try not to be frustrated. I know we will get married someday and that’s what’s important.
Wish me luck!! I will keep all you bees informed!