(Closed) Will a 3 mm eternity band overshadow a 1.25ct solitaire?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
967 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I personally feel it’s too much….i also would want to make sure the diamond quality is the same with the band if the diamonds are that big…so it can get pricey….

Post # 5
483 posts
Helper bee

I think 2.5 would be ok without being to much I have a 2 ct princess and I opted for 1.5 mm half eternity band because I personally felt 2mm (witch is my right hand ring) was a tiny to big but it still awesome and blingy  I have examples if you wanna see 

Post # 7
483 posts
Helper bee

Top is the band goin probably going with its about 1-1.5 mm half eternity with a slight contour..  There was a slightly larger version but I liked how thin the band was because it made the solitaire seem bigger ( not that it needs any help) and then the bottom is 2mm 7 stone band but you can get the idea of the thickness difference my princess cut is about 8mm-9 mm wide so it’s a little wider than a 1.5 round usually is …I think there around 7 or 8mm for a “calabrated” stone they obviously vary based on cut quality

Post # 8
3120 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I think a smaller band would look better.

Post # 11
669 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I don’t think 3mm is too wide, personally. It’s a good stand-alone width, too, when you don’t want to wear your ering. can’t you order it and see if you like it, and if not, return it for a thinner band?

Post # 12
786 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I personally believe you can never be too blinged out, I think it would be great together.  And like pp said, a 3mm has enough width to be worn without your e-ring!

Post # 13
2137 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

if its a solitaire you can go either way with your band i think a 2.5 band with a 3mm would look fine and not overshadowed at all

Post # 14
4713 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1998

My centre is 1.02ct and I have 2 semi eternity bands that are 2.5mm each and .75ct total each and I dont think mine overshadows it. I have a pic here with both my w-band and anniversary band on one side so just picture it with only one band.

Post # 16
11233 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

I really love the look of plain e-ring bands with eternity or semi-eternity bands. I do agree that a smaller band would look better, though. The band you posted and the band the girl is wearing with her solitaire in the photo you posted look to…chunky.

The topic ‘Will a 3 mm eternity band overshadow a 1.25ct solitaire?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors