(Closed) Will gold & white look like x-mas party? My candy buffet jar? X-mas like?

posted 8 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I think you’re right that the ribbon is a bit Christmas-y. Maybe just a solid gold or solid white ribbon would work better. The jar itself is fine, and you can incorporate your gold with the candy that’s inside (if that’s the candy you’re using). OR if you got bigger sized mason jars, they come with gold lids, you could just wrap a white ribbon around the top or like a belly band.

Post # 4
406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2009 - Small church ceremony with mountain-view log cabin reception

oops, photo didnt upload

Post # 5
406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2009 - Small church ceremony with mountain-view log cabin reception

yikes, triple post

Post # 6
406 posts
Helper bee

could you attach ribbon to the jars like this? Gold sattin ribbon could be very pretty!

[attachment=1412223,179450]

Post # 7
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think your color scheme would be very elegant and classy. Not Christmasy.  Although I agree with the previous posters that that particular ribbon looks very Christmasy.  Also, just a thought but do you want a lid on a candy buffet jar?  Maybe put the ribbon around the center and leave the lid off for easy access?

Post # 9
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

@kalliela: I think mschampagne meant how the ribbon was folded/decorating the jar, not necessarily the colour. I like how the ribbon is tied into the label for the candy, that’s a nice touch.

Post # 10
2788 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I think the gold satin is a good idea, as PP stated.  I don’t think that gold and ivory in and of themselves looks or feels christmasy – but I could be biased; our colors are deep red, ivory and gold and we are getting married in January also. Our wedding will not have an holiday vibe.

Post # 11
406 posts
Helper bee

ok ok, sorry for the suggestion! I think I was just trying to think of other ways to tie the ribbon and thought you liked the look of the bow. You could just tie it around the jar itself, that works too.

Post # 13
1641 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I think gold and ivory will be very pretty and classy! If you were adding red and/or green, then it would look Christmas-like.

Post # 14
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

I think you could make it work; maybe it would look less Christmasey if you used two ribbons at one time. Use either a white/ivory or gold wide ribbon and then put a narrower ribbon of the other color layered over that. Another option would be to use a striped ribbon or a non-Christmasey patterned ribbon.

Post # 15
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think the tinsel on the ribbon edge is what makes it look christmas, otherwise it would work, so a different choice of ribbon would be in good taste. If you keep the lids on the jars I would embelish the TOP of the jar instead of the front. Thats what will have more of the wow factor. Hot glue silk flowers to the top and add some ribbon loops in between the flowersor some small christmas balls if you want to add a CLASSY christmas feel. Gold and champagne are Beautiful collors together. Good Choice. If you choose to leave the lid off you could wrap a ribbon around the center and put a nice monogramed label over the ribbon in the center of the jar. Just use satin or fabris ribbon so it doesnt have that holiday feel.

Post # 16
13096 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I don’t think the color scheme will look Christmas-y at all!  We did red and gold (and had lots of white between my dress, some flowers, linens, etc) and nothing about it was Christmas-y.

I do think that the ribbon you posted in your picture is Christmas-y because of the tinsel-like edges.  But almost all of the ribbon we used in my wedding was bought on sale after last X-mas (best time to find lots of red and gold stuff on sale).  We just steered clear of any Christmas/winter patterns/tinsel/etc.

The topic ‘Will gold & white look like x-mas party? My candy buffet jar? X-mas like?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors