Post # 1
OKAY I KNOWWWWWWWWWWW we hate talking about money. But I’m just curious (and will NOT be offended if there isn’t a single post lol)
Are you paying for your wedding out right? Or are you using credit cards. I know several friends that are still paying for their wedding two years later!
ps- BLAME IT ON FRIDAY! 🙂 HA!
Post # 3
We paid for it in cash. My parents paid about 1/3, his parents paid for the rehearsal dinner, and we paid the other 2/3 ourselves by saving money out of every paycheck while we were engaged. The wedding is over and we feel a little broke but we’re sooooo happy that we’re not in debt over the wedding right now.
Post # 4
We’re paying cash. His parents gave a tiny bit of money that will most likely go towards the receptin venue.
Post # 5
We are paying for it in cash. We have spent about 7K so far. Have 6K saved and still have about 6K more to save!!
My parents paid for my wedding dress and his parents have offered to pay for the rehearsal dinner and give us $1,500 towards our honeymoon.
Post # 6
We used our own savings and we were very lucky to have my parents contribute to the reception. Originally it was just us paying for everything and we had saved enough for the reception but were not going to have enough for honey moon also but with about 2 months to go they chipped in.
So had no debt the day after the wedding. We deemed if they we couldnt save for it, we couldnt have it. I did alot of DIY which saved us alot of cash. I originally had a photographer in mind and I couldnt justify the cash. So we ended up getting a good friend of ours to take the photos and they turned just as good as the pros and only 1 percent of the cost.
Such a relief to not to be in debt!
Post # 7
Actually, I need an “all of the above” option….
Some things are already paid for (deposits). Some things are currently being paid for (on credit, like liquor and favors and honeymoon plans). My mom insisted on buying my dress, my parents both insisted on helping with the venue costs, and my FI’s mom insists on helping with the photos (we are embarrased by this since we pride ourselves on our finiancial independence, but we are gracisouly accepting these as gifts since it means a lot to our folks to do this for us – like they’ve been waiting all their lives for this, ;-). There will be a few grand lingering on the card to pay off after the wedding… we will take advantage of the zero rate we have and take our time paying it off to help balance cash flow for all other life expenses.
How about you?
Post # 8
My advice is if you don’t have the funds in the bank, don’t go in hawk over the cost of the wedding. You will never recoop the cost of the wedding with gifts. It is better to have a small wedding and pay the rent! You don’t want to waste your money throwing a party that you will be paying a lot of interest on! If you use credit, you will be paying forever!
It’s only one day; not the rest of your life.
Post # 9
My Fiance is giving me cash
Post # 10
ITs a combination of parents and us, but its cash all the way around.
Post # 11
We are paying for all of it in cash. We already have enough debt in student loans to pay off, we did not want to add to that with wedding debt. So far we’re good, but we would be better if Fiance had a job.
Post # 12
I did pay for some last minute things on credit cards but paid them off instantly with wedding money.
Post # 13
My Fiance and I use our credit cards for payments to earn rewards points (United miles and Amex, respectively). But then we pay them off in full at the end of every month. So technically, we’re paying cash for everything. The wedding will be paid off in full by July. Most of our final payments to vendors are due within two weeks or so of the wedding anyway. All we’ll pay after that are incidentals and vendor tips.
Our parents did contribute about 40% to our overall budgeted spend in cash. We are covering the other 60% ourselves.
Post # 14
We are paying for it in cash. We choose our budget based on how much we were willing to pay for one day and we opened an account to save the cash. Everything will be paid before our big day. It was really important to us to have a great wedding but we did not want to have to dip into our other savings or have to change our normal spending habits too much.
Post # 15
We used our credit card for everything as we wanted to build up air miles *laugh* and then every month we paid off the cards..so i guess credit and cash.
When we walked down the aisle the wedding was completley paid for (by us and our parents)
Post # 16
Ours will be paid off by my parents, FI’s parents and us.