- 6 years ago
- Wedding: November 2013
I struggled with how I wanted to ask my girlfriends to be my bridesmaids. I didn’t want to just ask them… I wanted to put some effort into it and let them see how much I love them 🙂
Sooooo I made them a box!
(for larger view click here: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jd9bBpvYwM8/UWcq94UWHMI/AAAAAAAAAOU/F86mEHZ-Yyo/s1600/Bridesmaid+Boxes.jpg )
1. I painted white boxes ivory (in and out).
2. I glued lace around the trim (my wedding is lace-rific)
3. I painted small wooden planks purple, decorated them with each girl’s first initial using a golden wood pen, and glued them to the boxes.
(for larger view click here: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-B9iX40jRxqg/UWcq_aaj7KI/AAAAAAAAAOk/Bh_b5YS1Gtc/s1600/Bridesmaid+Boxes+2.jpg )
4. I decorated the top the of the box (it looked too boring) around the wooden plank with more gold decoration.
5. On the inside, I personalized it even more by asking “will you be my bridesmaid name?”
6. In each box had 4 cardstock cut-outs:
- the big day (information about the wedding day)
- theme (our theme)
- attire (each bridesmaid has a different dress and which style)
- bridesmaids (list of all the bridesmaids)
7. I got them each a ring pop but spray painted them clear (so the “fluff” wouldn’t stick to the sugar or attract bugs in the mail).
8. The fluff was there for looks, but it’s also the colors of the wedding!
**warning: i did let them know i was sending them a package and that it wasn’t edible**