(Closed) Wine & Beer + Cash Bar.

posted 6 years ago in Reception

The topic ‘Wine & Beer + Cash Bar.’ is closed to new replies.

(Closed) Wine & Beer + Cash Bar.

posted 6 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
1830 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We did that for our wedding – but mainly because in small town Wisconsin where our wedding was held, a full open bar is considered ostentatious and showy.   Our venue coordinator just printed up some cute signs in a flowy font and put them in frames on all four sides of the bar.  I don’t remember the exact wording but it was something like 

Complimentary Beverages:

Beer #1

Beer #2

Pinot Noir

Cabernet Sauvignon

Pinot Grigio

Riesling

Soft Drinks

Coffee/Tea

etc….

I can’t remember what all drinks we had included but the sign basically said what the complimentary beverages were and we left it to people’s deductive reasoning skills to figure out that liquor was not included.  It was not an issue at all.

ETA:  I would put the signs on your bar, not at the entrance as not everyone will see them there, or they will forget.   On the bar, it’s easy peasy for the bartenders to point them out if necessary. 

Post # 4
5148 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

We did that at our wedding. We just mentioned the wine & beer, and said nothing about any other alcohol. If they asked the bartender about mixed drinks or shots, the bartender told them they had to pay for those. (Not sure if anybody even asked, most people are happy with wine and beer.)

Post # 6
1828 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

yeah, i agree with previous posters. i would just make a “bar menu” with what you are paying for… but i wouldn’t use the words “complementary” or anything like that. if someone really wants liquor, they’ll ask the bartender. beer and wine should suit everyone just fine.