WINTER 2022 INFERTILITY THREAD

posted 1 week ago in TTC
Post # 16
3931 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
@anev:  thanks so much.  Yes, if my hormone levels allow, I would do a fresh transfer.  The last 3 retrievals, my estrogen has been super high at like 6000-7000 (PCOS and mild OHSS).  But with this super low dose of 75 Gonal 75 Menopur, maybe it’ll be an option?  I do think there’s a possibility that biopsying, freezing, and thawing my embryos is fucking with them, if they are already shitty quality.  We are old enough that I do prefer PGT, but I would definitely give a fresh a try. I am excited about hopefully not feeling like I’m dying of OHSS the night of retrieval, this time!

My clinic will transfer 3-day embryos too but I haven’t started thinking down that road of transferring 2 or even 3 3-day… hmm….

Exciting your FET is coming up… but nervewracking too I know.  Are you doing medicated or modified natural?

Post # 17
249 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

It’s been a long time, but I figure I might as well join again.

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 32/34

Baby #: 3 (sons are 1.5)

Cycles TTC: 1

Known fertility issues: Unexplained/possible MFI

Previous fertility treatment: We had 2 losses when we tried to conceive our first, then were unable to get pregant for over a year. 3 IUIs and fresh transfer failed, then our single FET split into identical twins.

What are you doing this month (transfer, beta, IUI, retrieval)?: Trying without intervention for now. I am not looking forward to this rollercoaster as I was a mess during the 2.5 years it took to conceive my boys. If we don’t have success by July we will do an embryo transfer – we have 2 embryos remaining.

Key dates (POAS, beta, transfer): POAS Jan 22ish

Just for fun: If you could be good at anything, what would your dream job be? Probably a doctor of some kind – I love medical stuff and am not squeamish at all!

Post # 18
2984 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
@sophie89:  
View original reply
@cbn8787:  
View original reply
@Dr_dazzle:  I love this!!! It’s like 2018-2019 infertility reunion! 

Post # 19
1269 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
@anev:  It is! It’s nice seeing familiar names. 

CD 1 here. I’m not shocked, DH was upset though. I also guess I will be using opks this time. 

Post # 20
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

Have been following previous thread and thought it was time to finally join this thread.

Your age/partner’s age: 39/42

Baby #: 2

Cycles TTC: 8

Known fertility issues: PCOS, old age

Previous fertility treatment: clomid

What are you doing this month (transfer, beta, IUI, retrieval)?: Clomid days 3-5 not monitored and seeing if testing will need to be redone.

Key dates (POAS, beta, transfer): mid- end January depending on how long this cycle is

Just for fun: If you could be good at anything, what would your dream job be? A job I could be paid to read books all day.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 20 hours ago by wedding2018.
Post # 21
2984 posts
Sugar bee

Just called in my CD1.  The anxiety is so real, the last embryo from our 2019 ivf cycle.  Depending on how my lining goes we may be transferring on my husbands birthday.  I plan to use more injectable estrogen this cycle than last time, but ultimately it’s just a crap shoot and luck 😬😬

Post # 22
2984 posts
Sugar bee

Also, not testing this time.  And I have a few tests leftover I’ll have to have my husband hide because I have absolutely no willpower to not test if they are there.  

Post # 23
3931 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@anev:  I really really hope this works!

Post # 25
2984 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@mrsmcho:  thanks! Your husbands appt must be soon?

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  you must be starting stims soon?

I started my meds, first scan is on Wednesday.  

Post # 27
3931 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@anev:  yep, started stims on Thursday.

My clinic changed their bIllini cides so that each remote monitoring appointment costs like $1000-1500, so now I get to drive 3 hours round trip every other day to a better cash pay place. Blah  

I’m doing a lower dose of meds this time (150 Gonal 75 Men, and bumping down to 75 Gonal if needed). I’m nervous it’ll still be too high, and nervous it’ll be too low, and frustrated at my clinic for doing three rounds at 300 Gonal with PCOS  And nervous about facing the next steps if this doesn’t work. (Which we won’t know for months anyway… everything has previously looked good but PGT embryos just fail to implant )

Just so over all of this  

Post # 28
2984 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@mrsmcho:  oh that’s great you can start the bc proactively!  Hopefully there isn’t much snow this time, we actually got a little blizzard last night (I’m in Canada so nbd and my husband is outside snow blowing), but I understand how challenging it would be in municipalities not equipped to deal with snow (and people not knowing how to drive in it).  

Post # 29
2984 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  argh yeah the torture of overthinking the stim doses and concern of the results…. but I’d try to look at it as anything different has the potential to be better than what you’ve experienced in the past.  300 seems like a high dose for pcos!  I had a slightly high amh (but not pcos) and I was on a low dose of puregon and luveris and got 18 eggs… although it seems like no one uses puregon?  And argh that sucks you have to drive to have your monitoring done now…. it’s like you can’t catch a break, hopefully this one will be worth it!

Post # 30
3931 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@anev:  thank you! I can’t tell you how nice it is to have you to talk to about this (and others here). Thanks for being so supportive 💖

My clinic did give me a half off discount for the fourth egg retrieval, and I got my Gonal free from a friend (recently expired and my nurses say it should be fine) – so those are a couple lucky breaks 😄

Fingers crossed for you!!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors