(Closed) Winter Honeymoon Ideas That Do Not Include Beaches & Islands???

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
179 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

We’re going on our honeymoon about 2 1/2 weeks after our wedding (so it’ll be end of November/early Decemer) and we’re going to Paris and Rome. The flight is the most expensive thing, but we’re staying in apartments in both places and that saves a TON of money.

Post # 4
3942 posts
Honey bee

I heard Quebec is really pretty. What about wine country? vegas?

Post # 5
143 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I agree with Bostongrl25 -> California – Napa/Sonoma and San Francisco (Wine Country)

Post # 6
565 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Toralina: Gatlinburg Tennessee is gorgeous you could rent a luxury cabin in the mountains.

Rome or Venice would also be pretty awesome if  you guys want something romantic and are sight seers.

Post # 7
2788 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

A close friend got married in January a few years ago and they honeymooned in France.  They had a great time, but it is cold during that time of year.

Post # 10
592 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Maybe it’s because I’m from British Columbia, but I’m going to throw that out there!

Vancouver Island is lovely, or any of the islands surrounding it. Vancouver is AMAZING, you have the ocean, the mountains, unbeatable dining and so, so much to do (rent a bike around the sea wall, go to the aquarium, the suspension bridge, historic gastown etc). And then you can always go to Kelowna/the Okanaghan, it might be a little quiet in January but plenty of the vineyards will be open and there is lots of outdoorsy type things you can do.

If you want any recommendations feel free to PM me!

Post # 12
592 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@Toralina: There might be some snow in Kelowna, but in Vancouver or on the Island you’re more likely to see some rain and temperatures around 10 degrees celcius (50 or so degrees fahrenheit). It’s pretty balmy, I usually got away with a leather jacket or trench coat kind of thing.

Post # 13
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Maybe look into a cozy cabin honeymoon in the Poconos, Adirondaks, or Berkshires.

Post # 14
907 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

You could go to a cute ski town like Vail, CO or Whistler, BC.  Even if you don’t ski, you could stay somewhere cozy, cuddle by a fire, and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

Post # 15
576 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We’re going to Jasper, AB (canada) for our honeymoon. It’s beautiful year round! but I’ll warn you, Canada gets cold in the Winter. (ie. -40C… sorry don’t know the conversion). but if you can handle the colds, it’s great with hot springs, gondollas, lodges, wildlife, etc

The topic ‘Winter Honeymoon Ideas That Do Not Include Beaches & Islands???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors