(Closed) Winter wedding 2018

posted 4 years ago in Decor
Post # 2
1565 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

View original reply
ahull121 :  Hah, we didn’t burgundy and gold! Not because I set out that way – I let my BMs pick their dress, and that just guided everything else. Ended up incorporating mauve and teal blue too. Do you have pics of your venue or anything?

Post # 4
47420 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Your venue is neutral. You can choose any color palette you like.

I wouldn’t do red- just too stereotypical Christmas for me.

Burgundy, blush, gold and green would be lose but differebt enough- also elegant enough for your venue.

Post # 6
1565 posts
Bumble bee

Agree with pp about the the red. i think navy would be really nice too

Post # 7
969 posts
Busy bee

We did a very deep red / maroon, white, non-evergreen greenery, and emerald greens velvet shoes. I really wanted a “wintery” feel but not a “Christmas” one, but it might have leaned a little more Christmasy than I intended.

I also think plum and silver, or emerald and gold is a good choice for more Christmas-neutral colors that still feel warm and cozy. Or I’ve seen great Tiffany Blue and white/silver palletes for more of a daytime feel.

Personally, I love the white hydrangeas they have in your picture. Paired with gold or silver charger plates, bows on the chairs and table runners in your color of choice would be pretty.

Here is a picture of my flowers. It was a brighter red than I originally wanted but I loved how the rich colors popped against the snow. 

Post # 9
969 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
ahull121 :  thanks! I’m so glad you’re getting your winter wedding! They’re so magical. 

This was my green inspiration. I basically only snuck red in for the flowers.

Post # 11
2119 posts
Buzzing bee

I did navy, grey, and silver for my winter wedding! I love how it came together, my photos are on here if you want navy inspo. ETA I realised that our ‘sneak peak’ photos don’t include pics of the reception setup, so here’s what I did (photo taken by my caterer) 

Post # 12
1565 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
12_Elle :  I LOVE the green! I almost went with green when my BMs looked amazing in it, but realized it could be a problem for pictures since we were having an outdoor wedding. It was a good call since the grass was still definitely green on our day. Still, love the inspiration and I LOVE that bouquet! If you;re going to have snow, it would be such a pretty contrast :).

Post # 13
3802 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

I love burgundy and I think it may be easier to work with than red. Plum and the green above would also be amazing especially with gold!

If you’re careful you can work in more than one of colours, e.g.:

Post # 14
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

I am probably the odd lady out here but I personally think if you are having a wedding near Christmas and you/many guests are predoimately Christian, there is no shame in embracing the holiday. I peronsally felt it was more weird to hold a wedding very close to the holiday and not acknowledge I was probably taking guests away from other fesitivities they had planned. I ended up having my wedding a week before Christmas because of venue availability (only because they double booked the week before). I love the holiday and my parents are divorced, so I never really shared it with both families without me doing a lot of travel. I ultimately opted to just embrace the theme. My bridesmaids wore long black dresses of the style they preferred, but all decor was evergreen (cedar, eucalyptus, various pines), lights, and red bows. I had an amarylis boquet and centerpieces were beautiful (evergreens, berries, and petite red lillies and roses.) My husband and I had a lot of fun buying the garland and decoarting with both of our families. A seasoned florist can make centerpices look chic and not twee. I was lucky because my venue was very elegant and clean, so nothing looked over the top. I had a seasonally themed drink “Yule Mule” and dress was “festive cocktail attire.” We had strings and DJ play a few classic Christmas songs at various points in the night. People seemed to have a blast and I certainly did! 

Side note- I love all the other deep color options winter lends, but I also don’t think it is tacky to embrace the full seasonal theme if you want.

Post # 15
295 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

Oooh your venue is lovely!

We’re also getting married in winter (June 2018), and are doing burgundy/navy blue/cream (or peachy). I love that colour combination – although the greens mentioned above are so elegant too!

I’ve just sent off a few Pintrest photos of bouquets that I fell in love with in burgundy/navy/cream/peach colours to my co-ordinator, and am leaving it in her capable hands to see what’ll be in season come June.

I also agree that Christmas colours are not tacky – I think it can be quite classy and beautiful when put together right. It is afterall, the season to be jolly!!

The topic ‘Winter wedding 2018’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors