(Closed) Won’t see DH for a week & I’m mad/frustrated @ him. (long)

posted 8 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

I am sorry you are going through this; however, he did say that things have changed and he did invite you to go along with him. I think you should give them a chance and go with him. It would be good for both of you.

Post # 4
14494 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

This happens to us all the time.  My FH works really long hours for months at a time.  He goes to bed an hour after I get home (sometimes before) and gets up long before I do.  Alot of the time I sleep on the couch as I do not want to wake him up two hours before he has to get up because most of the time he can’t get back to sleep.

It’s just a week, your not feeling well, and you are really stressed.  I would let this go and relook at it at the end of the week.  If you are still upset when the week is over, sit him down and talk to him to prevent it from happening in the future.  When I get upset with the FH, I always wait a day or two to evaluate the situation, then if I am stilll upset I talk to him.  Women are emotional thinkers and men are logical thinkers,  I always have take the time and let the emotionality wear off and go back and think about it logically.  Most of the time I decide it really isn’t worth the trouble of being upset.

Hope you feel better.

Post # 6
14494 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

If you are ill, please do not go.  Not worth making someone who is elderly sick as they cannot fight off alot of illnesses easily and could really be harmful to them.

Post # 7
2392 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

It sounds like he feels like you guys need the money and he’s really doing it for the work and not to get away from you.  It sucks that you’re sleeping apart and barely see him, but it does sound like he’s doing all this as a way of not having to miss work.

I agree that the job treating him way better all of a sudden sounds unlikely – but it could be a little better.  He could also be trying to see on the bright side because he knows that he’s stuck with them for the rest of the week.

It sounds like a bad situation but also something that he’s doing because it feels like a necessary evil.  Hopefully you willl feel better and can make up for lost time next week.

Post # 11
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

@secretbee: It sounds like this was just a big miscommunication and you should just try to get past it.  I think he probably is doing the right thing and honoring his commitment and he needs the money so he should stick around.  

Also remember he uses you to vent his frustrations.  Maybe things at the job weren’t REALLY that bad but he just was feeling very frustrated with how they were treating him at the time.  Kind of like how you vent about an ex boyfriend after a breakup.  Its usually over exaggerated and then its hard to get your friends to like the guy again when you want to get back together with the ex (i’m not sure if that made sense or not).  

Anyways, try to get through the week, remember its hard on him too.  He’s the one that has to leave his wife, sleep on the couch, and go to a crappy job.  You just have to go on about your life without him for a week.  Try to talk to him and ask if you guys can have a date night when he’s done.

The topic ‘Won’t see DH for a week & I’m mad/frustrated @ him. (long)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors