(Closed) Working on my Fitness & Doing D$mn Good – Other:Should You Be Eating That?

posted 6 years ago in African-American
Post # 3
981 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Ugh, that sucks. Maybe they are trying to be supportive of your wieght loss and health goals, but they totally failed. I would say to them, “Thanks for your concern, but I’ve learned how to manage my diet while losing 100+ pounds.” I hope your dress fitting goes well and you feel amazing!

Post # 4
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@Soon2BMrs.A:  You should be so proud of yourself! That is truely awesome! Just let me people know you have it under control and I always tell my self if I eat that or that it’s a extra 10 lunges or extra 20 crunches haha you make trades to have some yummy stuff sometimes! Other wise just tell them to mind their own business! πŸ™‚ Keep up the great work!

Post # 5
13017 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

People don’t understand that losing weight doesn’t mean constant diet.  It’s a lifestyle change.  So, that means, you can’t eat donuts every day, but hell. if I want a donut, I’m going to eat a donut.  It’s all about moderation and portion control, not giving everything up to live on salad for the rest of your life.  Over the past year I’ve lost 35 pounds, and I still eat chik-fil-a once a month, I get chinese takeout every few months, pizza still pops up…  You just have to know portion control. 

People just need to shut their mouthes! 

Congrats on your weight loss, too!  It sounds like you’re doing great!

Post # 7
3569 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Post # 8
1269 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

People are ridiculous. You’re counting your calories, if you don’t eat you’ll end up in the hospital, do they want you to be healthy and lose weight or develope an eating disorder? Seriously! You’ve proven yourself by losing 100lbs! That’s AMAZING. Let them know you have it under control and you’re making sure you get enough nourishment to stay healthy and if they keep it up after you explain everything to them and ask them to stop nicely I wouldn’t be afraid of being (slightly) rude and telling them to back the H3LL off!

I joined myfitnesspal too and it’s great, I only hope I’m as successful as you!

Post # 9
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

As a plus size woman, its great to hear that you made a decision and stuck with it. Good for you! It can get nerve wrecking when people are on your back all the time. Maybe they mean well, maybe not. But, please continue to stay strong and accomplish your goals.

Post # 10
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@abbie017:  

I could not agree with you more. Losing weight it a LIFE STYLE CHANGE. Therefore, it takes a lot of work to just revamp everything your used to. Kudos to her!

Post # 11
2067 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Good for you for losing weight! PS… Your goal of being a 12 makes me feel good πŸ˜‰ I always level out at a 12… When I was in college, I was a 16 and the clothes were getting tight… so I started working out, lost weight… I ended up at a small 12, sometimes a 10… But then I stopped working out and settled in at a 12!

Since getting married, I’ve gained some weight.  I currently have an injury/sickness preventing me from working out… But as soon as that’s done, I’m kicking my butt in gear to get back at least to where I was when we got married πŸ™‚

Anyways, sometimes I feel like 12 is big… So, I feel better when I realize it’s not! haha πŸ™‚ I’d love to be a 10, but idk if that’s reasonable for me… We’ll see

Thanks for motivating me to get movin! πŸ™‚ Great job on your weight loss!! 

The topic ‘Working on my Fitness & Doing D$mn Good – Other:Should You Be Eating That?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors