(Closed) Workout Buddies 3/13/2011

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

The last few weeks have been pitiful for me, but I just finished all 5 segments (50 minutes in all) of my Knockout Body Blast DVD.  I’m hoping to have a good week this week, I’m starting to feel flabby! haha

Post # 4
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@MrsSaltWaterTaffy: Yay! I’m so happy for you getting back on it!! 

@MandaMack: way to go on the DVDs!

Workouts have continued to be pretty consistant for me. I have a total vent about the track workout I was dreading about doing alone last week. First off there was a totally rude guy who stood in lane 1 while I was doing my sprints and only got out of the lane when I was done. I wouldn’t normally do my entire workout in lane 1 but the track was busy and there wasn’t much other choice and I was moving very quickly. I think the guy may have been a groundskeeper or something, anyway it was weird, he wasn’t wearing workout clothing and he just stood there… though that’s not the worst part of this story. After one of my sprints a total stranger came up to me and asked me how much I weigh! I know the boards got pretty heated about this kind of recently, but seriously, why do people think it’s okay to talk about someone else’s weight?? This is how the convo went down:

“how many miles?”

I said “ohh, I don’t know. I’m just doing 200s”

he then said something about me being fast, and then just came out with, “how much you weigh?”

I was like, “uhhhh, not a lot”

He said, “well that’s why you’re so fast!”

I don’t even know what I said to that, probably an “uh, yeah.. haha…”

(I always laugh when I’m uncomfortable) I wish I had said something like, I’m fast because I’m strong, not because I’m thin. urgh. It was totally weird and embarassing and I wish my husband had been there because no one ever bothers me when he’s working out with me. 

The crossfit workout at the other gym last Friday was great! It was really tough and left me sore for days. Hubs came down on Friday and we did a 10.5 miler along the SF bay and that was awesome (but crowded). We did a crossfit workout last night which wasn’t great for me because I was hungry and grumpy, and then we went again this morning and this workout went much better. I have a 5.5 mile run tonight and then I’m resting tomorrow! hooray for rest days. 

Post # 7
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@MrsSaltWaterTaffy: I know!!!  Workout buddies seems kinda sad, especially compared to the excitement at the beginning of the year!

I ended up doing Pilates on Wednesday, so I only worked out twice this week (but that’s two more times than last week, lol).  I’m trying to get re-motivated…I’m just in a lull.  I already got my goal weight/size, but the wedding is still 6 months away so I’m not like concerned about that yet. 

I ordered the Turbo Fire workout program (it’s like insanity or P90X) and it should be arriving in the mail today.  I’m hoping that will re-inspire me to workout more often!!!

And MIssAsB, I will always be here to be your workout buddy, even if I barely worked out, haha.

Post # 8
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

@MrsSaltWaterTaffy: Sorry! I always miss the posts somehow! I’m going to still keep trying to check in!

My knee has gotten a lot better after icing and stretching. It still bothers me once I start to get above 3 miles, but it’s getting better.

This week, I’ve run 7 miles so far. I wanted to go for a long run today, but I forgot my iPod at home…and a long run without music wouldn’t be very easy for me. I’m going to try to get out of work early to head home for my run. My only problem there is my surrounding neighborhood is really hilly while running in the city is easier once I head up past our Art Museum. But…we’ll see how I do!

@seattlemeg: Seriously…what is wrong with people?? It’s one thing if he was just asking you about your milage, but no need to ask about weight. Jerkface.

@MandaMack: You should try out your new DVD today!

Post # 9
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

I had a good week last week, but am failing hard this week.  Last week I ran my first 3.1 miles straight, so I plan on registering for an upcoming 5k to keep me motivated.  In total, I ran 12 miles last week, but this week I’ve only run 3. 🙁  Fail.  Last week I also did my personal best bench press (55 lbs twice. yes I’m that weak. haha).  I also drank a lot of green beer last night and ate half a pizza with SO. Hopefully I’ll have a good weekend!

Post # 10
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

@Boston Bee: Yeah! Way to go on the 3.1 miles! Signing up for the 5K will totally keep you motivated!

Post # 11
1815 posts
Buzzing bee

Ahhh! I haven’t been seeing these posts lately!

I’ve been doing REALLY well. Going to the gym or running outside at least 3 times a week…and my first 5k is tomorrow!!! I’m really nervous, I just don’t want to embarrass myself!

The topic ‘Workout Buddies 3/13/2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors