(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 10/18/2010

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Hi MissAsB!  I hope you feel better soon – it’s that time of the year!  I know I am so busy that it takes forever to shake a cold.  Lots of rest and tea usually works for me!

I worked out on Saturday, which was great!  I have a midterm tomorrow though and then class on Wednesday, so I don’t think I will get to work out again until Thursday.

Post # 5
1093 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: Private home

I was good on Satuday, took the day off on Sunday and then got floored with a migraine today – here’s hoping that tomorrow is better!

Post # 6
1418 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsSaltWaterTaffy:  Oh that sucks!  It’s like a vicious circle…if you don’t work out, there is pain and if you do, there is pain!  Sometimes even if you just do a little at a time it gets better.  I know that is what I had to do to work through some back/neck problems from a car accident a few years back.  Good luck – I hope you get better soon! 

@Dragonsus:  I hope your migraine gets better, but good job with working out on Saturday!

Post # 7
4824 posts
Honey bee

I drank too much alcohol so that probably counteracted my exercise. I did go Sat and today to my Cross Fit style class and went for a short 2.5 mile run on Sunday.  Eating was quite good though, just had too much alcohol.

MissAsB Hope you are feeling better!

Post # 8
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’ve just been bad.  Period.  I haven’t worked out since Wednesday of last week, and my eating has been horrendous (but the apple pie was sooooo delicious lol).  I’d like to say I’m gonna workout tonight, but I’ve been at work since 630 am (I usually start between 730 and 8 – when I got here the lights weren’t even on) trying to get work done, and it just isn’t letting up.  I should have worked through my lunch but my brain needed a break.

With any luck I’ll get motivated to do something today, if not I definitely have to tomorrow.

Post # 9
1418 posts
Bumble bee

@MandaMack:  It’s ok to take a day off!  That apple pie sounds delish and so worth it!  As an aside, I bought NMTZ the other day.  I haven’t had the chance to try it, but when I do, I will let you know how it goes…(I am scared! haha)   

Post # 10
1774 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

@MrsSaltWaterTaffy: and @Dragonsus: Hope you feel better!

@dance: I bought NMTZ from Amazon.  On Sunday I planned to do the entire DVD.  I grossly overestimated my capabilities.  I thought I was going to die on the second circuit, so I only did three.  I was definitely sore the next day.

I have been doing great with c25k.  Yesterday was week 3, day 2.  I haven’t been as good on the in-between days.  My plan was to do the elliptical tonight, but I am exhausted, so will probably finish the laundry that’s in the dryer and go to bed.  I have a skin infection (yuck) which has not helped my sleeping, and more rest will help my body fight it off.

One nice benefit to all my efforts: FH has said a couple times how he is proud of me.  He also thanked me for not being like some women in his past who lost weight by stopping eating, and that I am losing weight for me, not to get attention from the rest of the world.  So that was nice to hear.

Post # 12
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I failed the last two days…. I was exhausted after work and didn’t have the motivation to go. Yesterday I did take the dog to the beach for 1 1/2 hrs…if that counts… Tomorrow I’ll be good! Tell me to go!

Good job lefeymw and Dragonsus on your workouts this weekend and this week!

Post # 13
312 posts
Helper bee

I did a step class on Monday- it was a “new release” so it was pretty fun… I did a lower body conditioning and abs class tonight, our instructor was sick so we had a sub- it was still pretty tough.. now if I didn’t go home wolf down a few handfuls of chocolate chips, i’d be feeling better about my workouts so far.. but a girls just needs CHOCOLATE sometimes! 🙂

Post # 14
558 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I was pretty good about exercise last week, but ended the weekend with apple pie and tons of lasagna and wine.  I’ve have been a lazy exerciser the past two days (walk instead of run, elliptical for 30 minutes instead of 60 minute spin class).

Seeing this post got me motivated to not ruin the entire week!  

Good luck getting back on track/staying on track this week, ladies!!! 🙂 

Post # 15
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I’ve worked out every day. I completed C25K last night. It felt so good. Hopefully, I will be running the entire 5K on Saturday.

In other news, I’ve plateaued…AGAIN! I’m eating everything right so I don’t know what my problem is. Grrrrr…

@ MissAsB – I hope you feel better soon.

Post # 16
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

Oh my goodness it is Wednesday already!  No excuses, I am working out tonight!  I’m thinking NMTZ, or one of the insanity workouts (I have a few that one of my friends burned for me, but not the whole “system”).  If I come back and say I didn’t workout today, I deserve to be banned from workout buddies! hahaha

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 10/18/2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors