(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 10/25/2010

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

My week was not good for exercise…first I am in the middle of midterms so school is consuming my life more than normal (and with working full-time on top of that and it’s been CRAZY busy at work), plus I am getting chest pain again!  GEEZ.  I cannot catch a break here.  Thankfully my eating is still going really well, so I am down about 7.6 lbs in the past 6 weeks!  Woo hoo!

@MrsSaltWaterTaffy:  That sucks about school.  It really takes so much out of a person (on top of working)!

Post # 4
1775 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I have been really good about c25k, but not very good at toning or anything else.  I think what helps with c25k is I have a clear plan I am following.  If I can’t find a plan with Jillian’s DVDs, I might just have to make one.  I did lose 0.8 pounds this week, and I am at a little over 9 pounds of weight lost.  I am trying to decide on a reward for myself once I get to 10 pounds, and then maybe every 5-10 pounds after that.  I have about 15 to go.

Post # 5
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hi Bees,

I am new to this thread, I started going to the GYM on Saturday. I am currently @ 172 lbs @ 5″7 and my goal is to loose at least 22lbs to bring me down to 150. I am a fulltime employee and student so I know it will be tough but with all your support I know I can do it. thanks for posting

Post # 6
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Good afternoon, ya’ll! It’s been a rough day food wise and I know I’m not working out tonight. I didn’t take a day off after the 5K and my legs are kind of yelling at me today.

I still can’t believe I finished my 5K in 33.03 minutes. Last year I did the same route in 47. 47.08.

Goal for this week – lots of kickboxing and sweating and elliptical. And stop eating crap! I was so good for several weeks. STUPIDNESS!

Post # 7
4824 posts
Honey bee

Tonight I have my bootcamp class at the gym. Its always a good workout and walked 2 miles at lunch. As usual I probably undid my good last week with too much wine this past weekend.

Post # 8
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Today I took it easy (because Mondays are hard enough on their own, lol) and did “Core Rythms Latin Cardio Jam”.  Its a DVD I’ve had forever, but it’s fun to do every once and a while (its a dance workout).  Its a half hour, and it gets you sweating, but still not the hardest thing in the world.

Tomorrow I think I’m gonna do the Shred, don’t know which level yet though.

Post # 9
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

After weeks months of saying I’m going to workout/eat healthy, I finally started! I did 1/2 hour last night on the eliptical and another 1/2 this morning. I also want to try and get some yoga in tonight, and really need to start my ab exercises but relaxing with a jack and coke isounds very tempting at the moment.

My friend is a body builder and I spent some time talking to him about nutrition yesterday. He told me to try and limit myself to ONE COOKIE PER WEEK. Seriously guys… I am an OREO ADDICT, And I spent all of Friday baking!! But I think he is right, I need to cut myself off cold turkey, because “trying” to be good just isn’t cutting it anymore, so I sent all of the cookies (minus my beloved oreos) with Fiance to work today.

Post # 10
1093 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: Private home

I did ok last week but this weekend was bad – booze and popcorn!  So this evening I made myself do three circuits of Jillians BFBM workout. Goal is that on wednesday and friday I try and go for four circuits, then five.  Tuesday and Thursday are my crazy days, so I’m just not going to beat myself up for not being able to get in a great workout on those days.

Post # 11
558 posts
Busy bee

I walked Monday and Tuesday, went for a 2 mile run and did Jillian Michaels NMTZ Wednesday, went to spin class Thursday and pushed myself to the max, intense elliptical workout on Friday, 5-mile run Saturday, and 3.5 mile run today. I’d really like to do a better mix of strength and cardio than I do currently!  And, halloween candy is taunting me!  I already gave into some peanut butter m&m’s…yum!!

Post # 13
558 posts
Busy bee

@guitargirl:thanks!! i worry a lot that i don’t do enough so that makes me feel good 🙂

Post # 14
404 posts
Helper bee

I was only able to work out once this week- I started out October so well, and I’ve fallen off. Hopefully I’ll get back on track this week.

@huckleberry783: That’s amazing, way to go!

Post # 15
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

So turns out I’m at the point in my physical therapy where I actually go down to the gym (my pt office is in a gym) and work out with a personal trainer.  So yesterday, after having an easy day I went to physical therapy and worked out some more!  It wasn’t anything hardcore, mainly ab exercises (I have a lower back problem) but I was not expecting it and I was thankful I didn’t do a hard workout beforehand (I had contemplated doing an insanity workout).

On a funnier note though, the personal trainer said “How about you hop on the treadmill and just do 10 minutes of walking to get your body warmed up”.  He then proceeded to set my treadmill at 2.5.  I walk fast…like incredibly fast.  Fi sometimes has to jog to keep up with me, and I blame my mother because she also walks fast (she, in turn, blames her father, lol).  And I laughed and said “dude, I can walk comfortably at 4.5”.  He straight up didn’t believe me!  He was like “you have to either be “power walking” or jogging at a 4.5″.  Well, I proved him wrong, hahaha.  I’m pretty sure my back could be near broken and I would still walk faster then 2.5…

And I’m kinda excited (and kinda nervous) that I’ll be getting an extra workout 3 times a week for the next couple weeks (I’m almost done with physical therapy) and it’s with a personal trainer on my insurance’s dime.

Post # 16
17 posts
Newbee

how do I join work out buddies?  does someone post a topic and you just say what you did that day? 

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 10/25/2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors