(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 1/10/2011

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
256 posts
Helper bee

i went swimming once this week, and walked for about 20mins… i suck at this:(

im going to the doctor next week to get my blood taken, something def isnt right.. but il try solider on:P

im going swimming again tonight, then wednesday and hopefully a walk or something too, i know its not great but better than nothing right?

Post # 4
1893 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Getting off to a pretty decent start.  Went on a 3.5 mile run with my Maid/Matron of Honor yesterday and started off the day today with some kickboxing.  Tomorrow I meet with my landlady who’s a personal trainer to do some strength training after work, planning to incorporate 2 strength training evening workouts to my 5 morning a week cardio program.  I’ve got 11 weeks until the wedding, it’s GO time!

Post # 5
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

My semester started today, so I’ve decided to get back on the workout horse.  I’ve been off of it since last August. So a verrrry long break.  But I’m off to a good start.  I rode a stationary bike at different intervals for 30 minutes and then did JM’s 6 week 6 pack video.  I had never done it before, and it was good.  I’m hoping to lose about 8 lbs in the next 10 weeks (for my spring break), which is totally doable if I stick to my workout schedule and my eating plan.

Post # 6
1807 posts
Buzzing bee

I did great last week and hope to make it to the gym tonight. I brought my gym bag/clothes to go tonight but I forgot to do my laundry so the only shirt I have is a heavy t-shirt. I like wearing something with a V-neck when I work out but I’m probably just making excuses. I need to get my butt in there to keep up my good work!

Post # 8
1807 posts
Buzzing bee

@MrsSaltWaterTaffy: Lol, that’s the worst part! My chest starts getting all hot and sweaty and then I start getting red and itchy! I’m going to suck it up and go though 🙂 Hopefully my chest won’t break out! No pain, no gain!

Post # 9
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Yesterday I basically slept all day because my body was exhausted from the plyo workout my Man of Honor (who is a personal trainer) had me do.  Today I’m going to try and do something, just not sure what that something is since I’m still pretty sore.

Post # 11
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

Today I did 3 segments (out of 5) of my new “10 Minute Solutions; Knockout Body”.  It’s a kickboxing DVD with weighted gloves.  I did the cross train, upper body, and abs.  The two I didn’t do were mainly cardio.  I really liked what I did though!  I like the 10 minute solutions DVDs because you can mix it up with the same DVD or do the whole thing…I don’t think I would ever just do 10 minutes (unless I was adding the ab circuit onto something else) but I like the setup of the DVD.

Post # 12
641 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Yesterday was a wash (football playoffs, pizza, bad snack food…but lots of fun!).  Today I went to the gym and did about 3 miles on the stationary bike, and then worked on legs with weights in the circuit room.  Tomorrow night is volleyball again, so I didn’t want to overdo it today:)

Keep up the good work everyone!

Post # 13
230 posts
Helper bee

Started week 6 of P90x today.. Core synergistics. Always a good workout..

Also, the Fiance decided to start P90 today too, so I’m pretty excited about that.  Hoping he sticks with it.  🙂

Post # 14
280 posts
Helper bee

I start Week 3 of C25K tonight! I ran a little bit extra on the last run to see if I could get up to 3 minutes and I did it easy so looking forward to doing this week!

@MrsSaltWaterTaffy: It’s summer here, jealous?? Tongue out

Post # 15
1237 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I came straight here to tell you girls.. I just finished Week 3 Day 1 of C25K and I am so proud!! I know some of you are hardcore runners so this is kind of a joke to you but I am so NOT a runner and was really scared when I first started two weeks ago. But I did the whole thing without slowing down (which I had to do a few times last week) and I’m so excited! I put on a big pout and made up every excuse in the book (my iPod died, couldn’t find my jacket) to try and get out of running but my workout partner aka my boyfriend is the best and wouldn’t accept my excuses. He basically had to force me out the door. But the beach was beautiful and huge tonight (super low tide) and it was totally perfect for running. I did it!!

Post # 16
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Well I am doing decent again at working out!  I finished Week 1 of the c25k plan and also did a weight training class last week.  I just got home from the gym after doing some running and a core class there.  

I almost didn’t go to the gym today (my sister was going to come with me but isn’t feeling very good), but I forced myself to put on my gym clothes when I got home, so I didn’t have an excuse to stay on the couch after dinner. I got to the gym today and one trainer (not my old one – I used to work with a personal trainer there, so I am a familiar face at my gym) actually came up to me and said I look like I lost a lot of weight, particularly in my face and stomach, and to keep up the good work!  I was so glad I made myself go.  It’s really nice to hear someone like that take notice in the hard work you have been putting in!  Just had to share my happy story of the day 🙂

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 1/10/2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors