(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 11/1/2010

posted 10 years ago in Fitness
Post # 17
488 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@MissTatas: Yep! Yesterda y was supposed to be day two for me also, but I was so sore from day one that I gave it a rest today and will go back for more tomorrow!

Post # 19
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
@MrsSaltWaterTaffy: You shouldn’t give up!  I would try one of the other levels just to switch things up a bit.  Or you could always try a different workout for a little while and go back to the Shred later.  That sucks about your laptop – good luck getting a new one!

Wow – you ladies are all doing so well…I am scared of the C25K because of my asthma that acts up when I run.  Plus, with winter pretty much here, I would have to do it on a treadmill.  That doesn’t sound too fun 🙁

I am planning on going to step class tonight at the gym…holy smokes aerobics!  I was exhausted from it last week, so it shouldn’t be quite as tough this week…but we will see!  Haha!

Boudoir pics on Sat!

Post # 20
1774 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Today was week 5, day 3 of c25k, the dreaded 20 minute run…and I did it!!!  I didn’t feel very well about an hour after, took a 1.5 hour nap, and now a little headache, but I did it.  I have been dreading it all week, and still can’t believe I did it.  I want to treat myself to something, I just need to figure out a reward.

Post # 21
1418 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@guitargirl:  How about a pedicure to treat your feet for running for so long in one shot??  🙂

I just got home from the gym – went to the step class there.  That class is great cardio, even if it is exhausting!  I also forced my friend to go even though she was giving me a ton of excuses lol…but she thanked me when she got there!  Haha!

Post # 22
1254 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@guitargirl: I am so jealous!!! Today is my last workout for Week 4 and I will most probably repeat it next week. The last 5 minute stretch kills me so doing a straight 20 minutes terrifies me.

Also, although my knees are better, my heels have began to hurt. Not when I’m running but just walking around. I’m wondering if it’s from the impact of running and if I need to get new shoe inserts. I didn’t think running would be so hard…

Post # 23
1774 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I did week 6, day 1 of c25k.  I do so well sticking with that, but on any other planned exercise, I don’t.  I am not sure if it is the planned workout, or the working up to something plan.  I am thinking of designing a plan to increase NMTZ and BFBM.

View original reply
@baldor1: You’re doing great.  I read the advice on this board as well as some on the c25k forums, and the main advice I heard was that if you are able to complete a run, move on, even if it was really tough.  If you can’t complete it, repeat it until you do.  There have been many days I didn’t know if I would get through, especially the 20 minute run- I stressed about that one for two weeks prior.  Each time, I have been able to make it, and I was not in shape before I started.  As for heel pain- have you gotten good running shoes?  If not, I would go to a running store and have them help you figure out what you need.  Good luck; you will make it!

Post # 24
2236 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Most of this past week was pretty bad, and I was terrified about my WW weigh in today so I forced myself to spend my Friday evening doing “Kettle Bell Bootcamp”.  It was very different then anything I had done, especially since I’m so used to Jillian.  The instructor was pretty cheesy, but I actually really liked the workout itself.  Kettlebells are fun!  And much different then just using hand weights.

Then today I had my weigh in and I actually had another awesome week (3.6 pounds, which was 2.5% of my total body weight since last Saturday) but then fi and I went to Moe’s Southwestern Grille and I binged on chips and guacamole.  Then when I got home I looked up the points value…duh duh duuuuuuh…my whole meal was 34 freakin’ points (I only get 21 points a day).  So I was determined to workout hardcore after that.  I did an insanity workout (50 minutes, burned 595 calories acording to the heartrate monitor) and then I spent an hour on my stationary bike going at a moderate pace doing hills and occasionally doing upper body exercises with light hand weights while staying on the bike (burned 655 calories and watched half of Wallstreet on Netflix on demand, lol).  So I’m happy I burned 3/4 of my binge lunch, lol (fi thinks I’m insane).

Post # 25
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Great Job ladies~ quick question… from a soon to be bride that’s NOT bride ready…. what is shred?

Thanks!

Post # 26
1418 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@nkmetz: It is the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels – one of the trainers from the Biggest Loser.  It is an at-home workout video that has three 20 minute workouts.  The premise is that you shred for 30 days (10 days at level 1, 10 at level 2, and 10 at level 3) at 20 minutes a day and you can tone up and lose weight (allegedly up to 20 lbs in the 30 days, but that is also accompanied by a healthy diet).  Most people do not do it 30 days in a row from what I have read on here.  It’s actually a pretty tough workout for 20 minutes!  It is great when you don’t have an hour or more to kill at the gym or at home.  I bought mine for like $10 or $12 at Wal-mart.

Post # 27
1254 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@guitargirl: I am redoing week 4 of C25K this week. I couldn’t get through the workout without stopping on the last 5 minute stretch. I took 3 days off after my last attempt and got back on it today and I did great! I think I just needed the break (my heels too!). I am sooo happy for making it. I am actually excited to do it again because I’d like to play with my speed a bit. Though, since I’m redoing the week I won’t make my original goal of running a 5k by my birthday.

Post # 29
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I was telling myself all morning that I should relax before I go to work, I’ve already been on the computer for a hour, just surfing..Then I surfed right into this board, now I have the motivation to put on my gym clothes and work it out!!  Thanks Bees for your motivation!!  PS If anyone hasn’t been to SparkPeople.com yet, ya’ll should check it out, it also gives me motivation when I need it:o)

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 11/1/2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors