(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 11/15/10

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
3295 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

ive been doing better! i failed with p90x and gave up after 5 weeks of nothing but soreness every single day!!! lol…. i must say though, i might go back to it to tone up because it is no joke and it does work.  anyways, ive been doing zumba 5-6 days a week and i absolutely love it! hopefully i can stick with it.

Post # 4
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Last week was just plain bad for me…fi’s grandfather died and we spent most of the week at his grandmother’s or at viewings/the funeral eating bad food and it left me with little time to workout.  I’m determined to have an awesome week this week though!  After gaining .4 pounds last week I would really like to lose at least 2.4 this week so that I will have lost 10 pounds in my first month of weight watchers.  Which means I will be spending plenty of time down in my basement exercising!

Last night I did No More Trouble Zones, and tonight will be my easy night and I plan to do the Shred Level 2 and the ab circuit from NMTZ.

@MrsSaltWaterTaffy: Be prepared to have you butt kicked with NMTZ.  It’s rough, but I really like it.  I actually think Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is a really good counterpart for it too (NMTZ is a lot of strength training, BFBM is a lot of cardio) so if you could get both I think it would be ideal.

Post # 5
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

@MandaMack: sorry to hear about your FI’s grandfather. My grandmother was in the hospital last week, which led to A LOT of emotional eating on my part.

I did well with getting to the gym last week- cardio five times and weights twice, but my eating was OUT OF CONTROL.

Hopefully I can find the strength to stick to eating healthy this week, and find the motivation to make it to the gym! Just scheduled my engagement pics for end of January, so hopefully that helps me stick to it.

Post # 7
1254 posts
Bumble bee

I re-did Week 4 of C25K last week and it was a breeze the second time around. I started Week 5 today and it was not bad at all. I cannot wait until the end of this week. I’m supposed to be able to run for 20 minutes straight…woohoo!!!

On the eating front, I have not been doing too well. Our cat is on medication that needs to be administered daily. Because of it, my fiance’ and I have to stay in town during Thanksgiving. We will be spending it with his friends who are doing a potluck. I’ve been trying out all sorts of recipes these last two weeks to help decide which versions of stuffing, potatoes, green beans and pumpkin dessert to take. All this cooking is helping me burn calories in the kitchen, but the leftovers from the dishes are bad for my waistline. Must spend extra time at the gym this week…

Post # 8
3126 posts
Sugar bee

@baldor1: I’m starting week 3. Good luck with the end of week 5!!

Post # 9
3295 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@MrsSaltWaterTaffy: i actually go to a dance studio for my classes… im allergic to gyms (eh eh ) lol the classes arent expensive at all! it 60 dollars for 45 classes and they never expire! so that comes out to like 1.20 something per class 🙂

Post # 10
1775 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

@MandaMack: Sorry for your loss.

I have been doing great with my c25k- I am in week 7 and running 25 minutes.  I did 4 circuits of NMTZ yesterday- it’s tough!  I did my weekly weigh-in on Saturday, and I was up a pound, but then I thought it might be water weight and later in the day I weighed myself and I was down 1 pound from last week, making 15 pounds total.  I have 10-15 to go (probably 10).

Post # 11
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

@guitargirl: Thank you, it was expected though, and everyone is glad that he’s at peace now. Good job with C25K!

Yesterday I followed through and did the Shred leve 2 and then did some extra ab work at the end.  Today I think I’m going to do my Kettlebell Bootcamp DVD.

Post # 12
3126 posts
Sugar bee

I finally made it to the gym this week! Haha. I started week 3 of C25K. Haven’t done any yoga or ab exercises or anything else yet this week and wondering how I am going to fit it all in. But on the plus side, I am eating super healthy! SparkPeople is definitely helping me with that

Post # 13
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

@MissTatas: Good job!  IMO eating healthy is the hardest part!

I did 3/4 of my “Kettlebell Bootcamp” last night (had to finish in time to watch Glee, lol).  Tonight is hardcore cardio…probably an insanity workout. 

Post # 14
1254 posts
Bumble bee

@MissTatas: Eating healthy really is the hardest part! I say this as I shove the last slice of Pumpkin Bar in my mouth for breakfast. I ate 12 of the 20 slices totalling 2,400 extra calories I did not need. But it was sooo good! I pat myself in the back for my baking skills, however, I definitely failed with sticking-to-my-diet skills. Off to the gym…

Post # 15
1775 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I was supposed to do c25k (week 7, day 2) on Tuesday, but it was pouring down rain and dark, so I didn’t.  I had plans last night and couldn’t, but I did the 25 minute run tonight, and am trying to decide whether on Saturday to do the 25 minute run again (I have done it three times) or go to the 28 minute run.  If anyone has done c25k, I would appreciate your advice.

Post # 16
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

Friday I did Banish Fat Boost Metabolism yesterday I took a break, and today I did No More Trouble Zones. I’m really happy with myself for working out hard 5 days last week, and I have to do that again this week if I’m gonna get through Thanksgiving!

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 11/15/10’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors