(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 11/29/2010

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I have also been doing poorly as of late exercise-wise.  School and everything else is just taking so much time, plus my in-laws were here during the week for several days and I am getting sick 🙁

However, I am doing decent on the eating side of things.  There were a few not so great days last week, but I am still losing weight!  I am approaching my goal weight (about 5lbs to go!), but I really need to get back to working out so I can tone up!

Post # 4
558 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I am about to take the dogs on a walk and then hit the gym!  I ate like total crap ALL week. I did a turkey trot last week, a couple short runs, and one spin class, but because of all the extra food and salt, I’m 4 pounds heavier right now.

I bet a lot of us got off track last week.  To those of you who didn’t, congratulations and way to be disciplined! That’s awesome!  And good luck to everyone else as we get back on the exercise and healthy eating wagon!!! 🙂

Post # 6
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I made myself go take a class at the gym on Thanksgiving…surprisingly, everybody else and their mom had the same idea, lol.

Made that second piece of pie taste a lot less guilty. Goodness knows only one piece of pie is unacceptable on Thanksgiving

Re: School….ewwwww. I start again in January. Yuck yuck yuck.

Post # 7
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I have not posted to workout buddies since before vacation, and well, i’ve been so bad about exercising!! Darling Husband and I did run while on vacation, but it didn’t get me prepared for a race I had the day after we got back and I came in dead last Embarassed I’ve only run about twice since then, which was the first week of November.

My Father-In-Law said if he did well in the Seattle Marathon he’d want to do the Austin half in February and wants me and my Darling Husband to do it too. Well, he ran a 3:26, coming in 5th in his age group… looks like we’re going to Austin! So that will be something to train for, but the cold weather is difficult to train through. My Darling Husband and I are thinking about canceling our gym membership (since we never go) and joining a boot camp, but I need to find one in Seattle. 

Has anyone here done bootcamp? I know it’s going to be really hard, especially since I have almost no upper body strength, but is it embarrassing when you can’t do all the exercises straight away or for a good couple of weeks?

Post # 9
4824 posts
Honey bee

@seattlemeg: Also look into cross fit affiliated gyms. I take this class and it is so great!  It is for men and women, but it is setup that most fitness levels can do it and make it work for them.

Eating was not great, not horrible. Workout was OK.  I did my own version of cross fit classes Wed, thurs and clss on Sat.

@huckleberry783: Its amazing how much salt makes a difference!

Post # 11
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@lefeymw: & @MrsSaltWaterTaffy: thanks so much for the input, I will look into both, I think my husband and I may want to do the classes together so we can encourage each other on specific things that we’re lacking (and be able to push each other out the door for the class!) but it may be really good to find a class that isn’t soooo hard and where I won’t feel like such a weakling!

@ejs4y8: I am impressed with the thanksgiving dedication! 

Post # 12
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I was SO good last week!  I worked out 6 days in a row (in preparation for Thanksgiving).  I’m not gonna lie, I don’t remember what I did each day, but I did wake up early on Turkey Day so that I would have time to complete the entire Banish Fat Boost Metabolism workout!  And my dedication paid off…I lost 1.2 pounds last week (take that Thanksgiving!)

Post # 14
1775 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I have had some trouble doing c25k with it being so cold, but I have been on the elliptical a lot!  My eating hasn’t been quite as good, but not awful.  I gained 2 pounds this week and am discouraged.

Post # 15
1893 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I worked out on Thanksgiving too, but then again, I also ate pie every night last week! Every night!  Ugh. 

Worked out this morning and will make my goal of 5 mornings this week.  Also getting back on track with food tracking after the holiday “vacation.” I weighed myself this morning, despite 2 weeks of doing Insanity religiously, haven’t lost a pound.  When I weighed myself last week I chalked it up to water retention, since I was PMSing.  Don’t have that excuse today.  Ugh.

Very. Frustrating.

Post # 16
4824 posts
Honey bee

OK so who is going to drag my arse to the gym tonight? Dont feel like going 🙁 MUST go though.

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 11/29/2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors