(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 1/17/2011

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hope your lasik went well! I definitely wouldn’t be working out either if the doctors told me not to.. You don’t want to do anything to jeopardize your sight!  🙂

Did P90 Core today.. I felt so guilty for enjoying my weekend and eating/drinking whatever I wanted, so I made sure I worked hard.. Feeling a little better but need to keep it up the rest of the week,,

Post # 5
1237 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@MrsSaltWaterTaffy: Awesome that you’re getting LASIK, I want to get it done so bad!

I have to do week 4, day 1 of C25K tonight, so nervous! I actually felt really good about last week though so hopefully it won’t be too terrible.

Post # 6
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

Yesterday I did Week 1 Day 2 of the Hundred Pushup Program and 30 minutes of Pilates.  I had gotten “10 Minute Solutions, Pilates Perfect Body” and did 3 of the 5 segments.  I really like that DVD if anyone is looking for a Pilates DVD.  The different segments are arms, belly, buns & thigh, “perfect silhouette” aka all over workout lol, and stretch.  And the instructor is hardcore.  There were parts of the abs section where it was difficult for me to breath fluidly and she was just chatting away about building your “powerhouse”.  Nuts…I want a core that is that strong!

Post # 7
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

I ran on Saturday and Sunday for 30 minutes each day.  Not the best workout ever, but I’m glad I did something.  I took Monday off, but this morning I rode my stationary bike for 15 minutes then did JM’s 6 week 6 pack video, which is 35 minutes (and hard!).  I get out of class early today and don’t have to work, so I’m going to plan to come home and run this afternoon.  I’m also going to try to get to kickboxing Wednesday and Thursday.

I was a little disappointed with the scale this morning because I didn’t lose any weight and did so well staying on track with my diet and exercise plan, but my waist is already getting smaller.  I know the weight will come off eventually. I just have to stay on track and not get discouraged when the scale doesn’t change immediately.

Post # 8
1893 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’m jealous you got lasik MissAB!  I ran yesterday and will be meeting with my trainer tonight.  We just do 30 minutes of strength training together (which kicks my ASS nonetheless) so I’m going to try and get there a little early to get 20-30 minutes on the bike or elliptical in before we start. 

Weighed myself this morning and gained .2 pounds which is good considering I’m PMSing big time and feel like a beached whale.  Was expecting much, much worse!

Post # 9
144 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I did the elliptical for 35 minutes followed by an hour of hot yoga yesterday. I feel like the elliptical doesn’t give me as good a workout as running, but I hurt my knee last week and I don’t want to do any high-impact exercises until I’m feeling 100%. I guess that means no Zumba either. Boohiss.

Post # 10
256 posts
Helper bee

i went swimming 5times last week,m and the gym 4times Surprised

ive never been to the gym in my life haha, dear god the pain yesterday was something cruel, but i went again lastnight, gym 45mins, swim 30mins and luckily im not as sore today:) going again tonight, then some class tomorrow morning, gymball?? whatever that is:P my friend signed me up haha

hopefully i can keep it up now:)

Post # 11
40 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i havent worked out in a while and im starting to feel really horrible about myself. i know that i need to start again but i literally have no motivation and i have a little less than 4 months until my wedding and when i got my dress if fit perfectly and now… dun dun dun dun…. it doesnt even zip. what the hell is wrong with me its kind of like im doing this to myself by not wanting to workout. I think i need a workout buddy of somesort that will motivate me. so if anyone lives in either ann arbor, ypsilanti, dexter, or chelsea, michigan PLEAS HELP ME… not really help me i just need someone to work out with so i know that im not the only one who hates working out this much

Post # 12
1237 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

So I tackled week 4, day 1 of C25K last night, it was definitely a challenge. The beach was in terrible shape because of the holiday and the awesome weather this weekend, I actually rolled each of my ankles once stepping in holes/on trash that washed up. But I did it, even though I had to give myself about 30 extra seconds of walking recovery time between the 3rd and 4th runs. Hopefully Wednesday’s run will go a little more smoothly. I mapped the run on a GPS app and found out that we actually went a little over two miles! That seemed pretty cool!

Post # 13
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

Does putting together an ikea pull out couch and desk and lugging the old over sized couch out to the curb to be picked up by the garbage men tomorrow count as exercise?  Because that’s what I did this afternoon… And my “woman cave” (the basement) is looking damn good!

Post # 14
39 posts
Newbee

Hi everyone.. I was wondering if I can join this group? I am getting married in a little over 4 months and have just started to get into gear with both wedding planning and fitness. I am currently about 35 pounds overweight (will be normal BMI in 20 pounds but would like to lose an additional 15).

Right now I am doing the 30 day shred. Yesterday was my first day. It is really hard but definitely not impossible. I played sports through college and have always been athletic. It is only recently when I met my fiance and we found our common love of cooking and eating that I ballooned with my weight.

I am going to purchase my dress from David’s Bridal on 1/30. I already know which one but wanted to sell my first dress that I bought online quickly after I got engaged before purchasing a second dress. Luckily it was sold the other night and I can buy my next dress without guilt! I am going to the fitting with my mom and my Future Mother-In-Law and I want to be well on my way to losing weight… hopefully down 10 pounds by then.

Post # 15
630 posts
Busy bee

@mrshfmstr: No Motivation and you’re wedding is 4 months away???!!! Come on girl, stop making excuses!!!! Plan it into you’re day EVERY day. Make time for it. When you feel yourself not wanting to go, put the sneakers on really quick and at least do a little bit. You will start to feel better about yourself and then you’ll want to go more 🙂

Post # 16
630 posts
Busy bee

I did p90 yoga yesterday and ran 2 miles, and did shoulders and arms today. Half marathon in 4 days.. im going to run about 5 tomorrow and then rest until the big day!!

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 1/17/2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors