(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 1/24/2011

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1893 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Last week went pretty well, managed to work out 5 days.  I rather like meeting with the trainer Tues and Thurs evenings, as it spaces my morning workouts enough that I’m not dying by Friday. It’s a lot easier working out early in the morning 2 days than 5! So I’ve been doing Cardio  X and Insanity Pure Cardio on Mon and Wed mornings and showing up 30 minutes early to the gym Tues and Thurs evenings to do a half hour on the bike before my strength training session with the trainer, then a run on Saturdays. 

Feelin’ good, although my knee was bugging me a little yesterday, which is kinda scary. ๐Ÿ™

I’ve been meticulous about my diet, too.  Haven’t seen any changes on the scale yet, but I’m hoping to see some movement by the end of this week, since it would mark a month of this diet/exercise regime (I think that’s more than enough time for my body to adjust!)

Post # 4
630 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

woops posted on last weeks:

@CaraMia10: COngrats on ur moment of clarity ๐Ÿ™‚ Very inspiring!!! You can do it. get some nutrition cookbooks so u dont fall back into mad eating habits! 

@mrshfmstr: Yes!!! You got the motivation back!! What was it that clicked for you?? So awesome good job!

So saturday morning I did the half marathon here in Manhattan.. it was 13 degrees and felt like six. I woke up and almost didn’t go but my fiance made me. (so glad he did) I got there and it was so cold- i almost quit after a half mile bc my toes felt frostbitted and i didnt know if they could warm up!!! After a mile they did, and I finished 4 minutes faster than my best half marathon time!!! I did it in 2:01:36, it was a 9:15 pace!! So happy!!! I’m doing another one in April, yay!!

@seattlemeg: are you training for a marathon??

Post # 5
630 posts
Busy bee

@lezlers: how do you like Insanity? Better than p90? way harder? Fiance wants to start after p90 is done. 

@Seattlemeg – (responding to post on last weeks) – i LOVE that you are trying to PR on the half. I think my attitude tends to be more “just get through it” than really training HARD for it and for a good time. I sometimes feel like im a lazy runner.. i dont train to the maximum ๐Ÿ™ i need to change that. I love your attitude

Post # 6
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@lezlers: I agree, I’m now working out early AM 2 days a week, and doing two other workouts after work. It feels good to split the days up like that.  Be patient with your body, and stay on your routine, it sounds like you are doing awesome. Take care of your knee early before it turns into any sort of problem.

I’m a bit mad at myself for not doing anything over the weekend. We never made solid plans, and the group run was cancelled on Sunday due to the hangovers after a snuggie crawl (which was an interesting event- I’m happy I decided to be DD). So we didn’t run or go snowshoeing- ugh. 

I did crossfit this morning, I’m frustrated because I’m not a natural at getting the correct movements down, but I’m going to stay with it. My abs will thank me.

Post # 7
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@flyinpig3: 9:15 pace is not exactly “just getting through”! You’re doing awesome, I challenge you to get under 2 hours on your next half, you can definitely do it after running in the crazy cold in January. April will feel like a breeze, stay healthy and uninjured and you are there!

Post # 8
1893 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@flyinpig3: 9:15 pace?  Hot damn, woman!  I thought I was a rockstar when I finished a half in 2:2something.

Insanity is WAY harder than p90x.  Your Fiance might prefer p90x, though, as there’s much more strength training.  Insanity is mainly cardio.  The only strength training you get is some push-ups here and there.

Post # 9
630 posts
Busy bee

@lezlers: ohhh more cardio nice. thats better for me. (although i usually run on the p90 days so maybe not). ill tell him that- he likes the strength training in p90. i was relaly excited about the 9:15 pace ๐Ÿ™‚ i have done 2 other and they were both around 9:40. yay!

@seattlemeg: its more that im not training to my fullest potential.. im doing like 5 or 6 a few times a week and then i freak out right before  and do like 8 a week or 2 before. so i feel if i really trained right i could do much better. but life gets in the way of my long runs! (excuses excuses!) but yes im going to try and make more time for the april one. my mom is planning on doing it with me- walking half and running half- so that will be fun

Post # 10
2410 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Ooooh, I love reading about you guys and your workouts. I have been prtty awful with mine. 1st week in January I was sick so I didn’t go to the gym at all. 2 week in January I went to spin class twice. Third week in January I went to spin class twice. I suppose twice a week is better than not at all, but it sin’t nearly good enough. I really need to step it up. I’m aiming for 4 classes this week. Three spin and one African Dance. If I have more time then I will throw a Pilates class in there.

I am semi-watching my diet, although Fiance is a terrible influence and is always trying to ply me with wine. I’ve dropped about 4 lbs since the beginning of January, but it has definitely plateaued in the last week or so. I don’t plan on weighing in again until the 31st s will update then.

Post # 11
305 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Aiming for five days this week.  Ran 4 miles this morning!

Also started weight watchers!

Post # 12
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

So last week was a complete bust…but today I did 40 minutes of kickboxing with weighted gloves and I re-did week 1 day 1 of the hundred pushup program (since last week was a bust, lol).  During the ab segment of my workout, I was in a side plank and you were supposed to reach under your body with your top arm (to work the obliques) and my shoulder like half popped out.  It hurt like hell!  It doesn’t hurt now that I’m not working, but I’m still gonna ice it tonight.

Tomorrow is my day off from pushups, and I’m hoping to do a Jillian Michaels workout!

Post # 13
Bee
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden

I fired up my Wii Active for the first time and did the 20 minute hard workout – I can’t believe it but I am totally feeling those squats tonight!  I have barre tomorrow, and spin on Thursday, and hopefully I’ll be able to pop another one in this week.

Post # 14
230 posts
Helper bee

Today was a bust. Work is crazy and I was stuck there late again. I guess I am also a little frustrated b.c I weighed myself this weekend and I haven’t moved since the last time I weighed myself at the beginning of December. I feel like I should have seen at least some results! I know I’m not the best with my diet on the weekends, so I guess I have that to blame. I’ve at least noticed that some of my clothes fit better, but I was hoping to drop at least a few.. Oh well..

Hopefully I’ll be back at it tomorrow…

Post # 15
1237 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@hermitcrab: When you say barre, do you mean something like the Bar Method? Or ballet? Either way, I’m totally intrigued, tell me more!

Last night I did a few sections of No More Trouble Zones, tonight did week 5, day 1 of C25K.. tough!!

Post # 16
Bee
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden

@kirabee: I’m not sure what Bar method is, and it’s definitely not ballet but here is the description of the class from the website: Flywheel has introduced the perfect complement to indoor cycling – FlyBarre! This revolutionary form of body sculpting blends the best of yoga, dance, circuit training, pilates and strength building. By pairing deep-muscle conditioning with intense stretching, FlyBarre delivers results each and every time!

It’s pretty accurate and I looooove it!

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 1/24/2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors