(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 1/30/2011

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
5921 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I’ve been doing really well, but somehow strained my knee on Friday so I have been taking it a little easier. Yesterday I did 3 miles, and ab work.

Unfortunately taking my dog out this morning, I slipped on the ice and it feels much, much worse.  I have been using ice all day, but will probably take the off from the gym to rest it a little.

Back at it tomorrow though!

Post # 4
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

A lot better once I got my stitches out! Managed two solid workouts and was a bit worried how I was going to get a workout yesterday (had a bachelorette, today is a public holiday)… part of the bachelorette day turned out to be an hour-long belly dancing lesson! That was definitely an abs and hips workout, arms too! Hoping to keep that up this week with at least 30 mins of exercise EVERY day.

Post # 5
630 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Linz1231:   Oooohhh OUCH!!! Do upper body workouts!

Missed a day yesterday so i am working out twice today.. going to run and then do back and biceps p90

Post # 6
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m doing pretty well.  Last Tuesday, I hurt my back doing JM’s 6 week 6 pack, so I had to go to the chiropractor and forego my Wednesday and Thursday plans for kickboxing.  But I was feeling a lot better by the weekend, so both Saturday and Sunday I ran for 3 miles and did 6 week 6 pack.  I also played tennis for an hour on Saturday.

I want to workout at least a half hour everyday this week.  Hopefully an hour on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday because I have more time.  I definitely want to make it to at least one kickboxing class this week (probably Thursday), so that will be my workout for that day.

Post # 7
256 posts
Helper bee

went to the gym sunday to thursday last week…but i havent been the last few days and i now feel like a whale, went drinking twice this weekend and ate whatever was put in front of me…just gonna have to work extra hard this week to make up for it!

Post # 8
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’ve been doing awesome–I’ve run about 30 miles each week for the last two weeks and lifted weights twice each week. Woo!

I’m a little more tired than usual though (all that running!) so I’m going to try and get some more sleep in to fuel these workouts…

Post # 9
5921 posts
Bee Keeper

@flyinpig3: Thanks! I did upper body and abs!  Thankfully it feels MUCH better today.  Still twinges when I put a lot of pressure on it, so I will stick to the elliptical today!

Post # 10
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hips and abs were still aching a bit yesterday after the belly dancing the day before so just went for a treadmill walk and run yesterday. It’s starting to become a habit – I feel crappier if I don’t exercise so it motivates me to do it!

Post # 11
630 posts
Busy bee

@Linz1231: Yay good job!! You dont wanna mess with knees.. my fiance screwed his up running and after surgery it is still not better, a year later. not good!! keep icing it!

I ran about 7 miles today and then did back and biceps p90. im so tired now and i have to work til 10:30 booo!!

Post # 12
5921 posts
Bee Keeper

@flyinpig3: Damn girl, 7 miles! Wow! I am gearing up to go before the storm hits.  Luckily our apartment complex has a really nice gym, so it is very close.  I am going to do my normal 8.5 miles on the elliptical, and maybe P90X Ab Ripper if I am feeling ambitious 🙂 We will see.  I am so happy my knee feels better.  I have hurt myself before with cheerleading and such, but it felt different, more serious – thankfully resting and icing seems to be helping tremendously.

Post # 13
630 posts
Busy bee

@Linz1231:Nice– good luck. we are getting another blizzard here this week too. it is ruining my running schedule lol!

Post # 14
641 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

last week was pretty pathetic…went to the gym once, and attempted to do “6 week. 6 pack”.  I got through about a quarter of the Jillian Michaels workout before realizing my living room just isn’t big enough for my 6 foot tall body and super long arms to spread all out!

Headed to the gym tonight, and I am really going to push myself to go everyday this week (assuming we aren’t snowed in tomorrow…8 inches expected).

Post # 15
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@Taylor4: 30 miles is great! I’m only around 20 right now and feeling pressure to up it in order to get better trained for my half marathon in May. What’s your running schedule like?

Last Thursday I was too lazy to do the scheduled track workout I was going to do, plus all my friends I normally work out with were bailing for a ski trip, so my husband and I decided to just do two miles on the track and call it a day. Too bad our fast friend actually was there and willing to do the workout with us- we ended up doing mile one in 6:48ish, took a 200 meter break and then did the second mile in 6:35. It was good but I haven’t moved that quickly in awhile. I was THRILLED when cross fit on friday was a running based one, 1 mile, 51 pull-ups, 1 mile. For once I wasn’t last, I was actually third! I ran super fast on the first mile, needed some serious assistances with the pull-ups (three bands!) and then it was weird to not be able to feel my arms for the first quarter of the second mile. Crazy good workout though.

We were lazy all weekend, walked about 5 miles on Sunday and did not do a long run… ugh, it is so hard for us to get motivated when it’s not a big group of people. 

Today’s crossfit was killer, another arm based one, so it actually hurts a bit to sit and type, BUT I’m seeing results and my husband is really proud of me.

Here’s hoping you bees aren’t too snowed in!!

@Linz1231: feel better!!

Post # 16
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@seattlemeg: Wow! 6:35 that’s awesome! I am NOT running for speed at all so I’m impressed! I just get out there (or due to all this crummy weather, on my treadmill) and grind out the miles. Right now I’m not training for anything so I do 4-5 miles 5 days a week, one rest day and one longer 7-8 mile run on the weekend. 🙂

I’m thinking I might do a sprint tri later this year so maybe I’ll cut down mileage and work on speed. 🙂

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 1/30/2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors