(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 1/3/2010

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
641 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I would love to join you guys on the workout buddies thread!  Although I have a “real life” workout buddy, I have a hard time getting motivated if she’s not going to be coming with me.  

I am going to the gym tonight, I will most likely spend about 20 minutes on the stationary bike, then do some circuit training, and then the weight-loss program on the treadmill for 45 minutes,  I like the weight-loss program because I have bad knees from years of volleyball, so this speed is just right (with varied incline).

Tomorrow will be volleyball at the local rec. center (if my shoulder holds up…it’s not as easy as it was in high school/college!), and then hoping for the gym every other day this week.

Good luck this week, and I look forward to keeping up with everyone!

Post # 4
2703 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

i finally bit the bullet and did Cardio X with hubby last night.

Tonight is 30 day shred, level 1 to fit in a quick workout after class. I am hoping to work out Thursday, Friday. (class tue/wed)… I’ve signed up for myfitnesspal and am blogging to keep myself accountable… we’ll see how this goes!

Post # 5
1890 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I did NMTZ yesterday and I feel the burn!  After work today, me and Fiance are gonna hit the gym–though I’m probably just gonna do the elliptical there since my muscles hurt so bad today.  I just had a protein drink to get me through the next 1.5 hours of work, and I think I’m going to make us a healthy salad of baked, panko-breaded chicken on mixed greens with a homemade balsamic dressing after the gym.  I love that we can all keep each other motivated!

Post # 6
1893 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’ve been really good the last few days.  Ran 4 miles with my Maid/Matron of Honor Friday, then did the treadmill Saturday and kickboxing yesterday.  Did Cardio X this morning.  Tomorrow I’m meeting my landlady who offered to train me until the wedding (t-minus 90 days!) using a “slow weight” kind of strength training.  Planning to incorporate that 2 times a week and keep up with my 5 to 6 day a week cardio program.  It’s balls to the wall time!

A lot of my suit jackets fit a lot looser this morning, too, which was increadibly motivating!

Post # 7
1110 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

I have my second workout with my personal trainer today.. I also hope to hit the gym tomorrow and wednesday .. 🙂

Post # 8
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Today I did level 2 of the Shred and then an additional 20 minutes of pilates (10 minutes abs, 10 minutes stretching).  I feel really good!  And I ordered 4 more workout DVDs (I think I have a shopping addiction, lol) that should be here Wednesday, I’m super pumped for that.

I’ve really been focusing on, if nothing else, doing abs daily.  And the little baby six pack that was starting to shine through before is growing stronger every day.  Its very exciting!  Tomorrow I’m going to try and get myself to do NMTZ.

Post # 9
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I haven’t written in a bit, but it’s because I’ve been away from home doing wintery-sporty things! I took my first skate-skiing lesson last Friday (which was TOUGH!) and then went snowshoeing on Saturday during the day for about 3.5 miles. We did some snowshoe running for part of that, but mainly just for fun Tongue out I’ve got my regularly winter running route scheduled for tomorrow and we are FINALLY going to do cross fit on Wednesday. I’m hoping to schedule a track workout for Thursday, but I may be too sore after Wednesday. I also have trapeze on Sunday, so hopefully my arms will be in decent shape to do that, though last time it was tough to hold on for too long, darn lack of upper body strength…

Post # 10
230 posts
Helper bee

Did Core from P90X today and it felt great to work up a sweat.. I definitely was bad this weekend with our new years parties and no working out since Friday morning.. Time to get back into the swing of things.. It’s finally our wedding year and I want to look/feel good!  🙂

Post # 12
240 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I was bad today – I was going to go to BodyJam when I got off work, but I was so tired from the first day back to work after having 10 days off that I went home and jumped on the Bee. 🙂 Planning on utilizing my mom’s treadmill tomorrow night after my haircut. I have decided to run a 20K in May, so I need to get my milage up before I have to start running 4 to 5 miles at a time!

Post # 13
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I did good today!  I did Week 1, Day 1 of the c25k program and survived (I know, it’s the easiest one, but at least I didn’t get scared off!).  I am not a runner by any means, but I think I can actually do this!  I also went to a one hour strength training class, and I am already feeling my muscles tighten!  I took a hot shower to ease my muscles though.  Here’s to hoping I can get back to exercising 3 times per week!

My diet was terrible the past week.  I seriously ate whatever I wanted without a second thought.  Oh it was delicious, but I was SO full that I felt not so great some days.  I definitely gained a few pounds doing that!  I am cracking the whip though, and following MyFitnessPal again, so hopefully I can lose my holiday weight and more in the coming weeks.  I have about 7 lbs to go and a whole lot of tightening up!

Post # 14
1237 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Boo, I didn’t realize there was a new thread and just posted on the old one. Anyway, Boyfriend or Best Friend and I did C25K MWF last week, but I felt like a had a really crappy run on Friday (didn’t fuel properly) so we ran again on Saturday. Then tonight we did the Shred on Level 1 and he made fun of it the whole time. At first I was really annoyed but then I realized that it was just really hard for him (he was sweating during the warm-up)!

@MandaMack: What are your favorite dvds? I hope to buy a few to reward myself with this week.. I think I’m gonna get NMTZ but I need a few more ideas.

Post # 15
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

@kirabee: I go over my entire workout routine/everything I own in this thread.  After I get the new DVDs I’ll review them like I did the others in that thread.  If you have any more questions let me know!

Post # 16
411 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Hello!  I think I’ll join in too!  I have been going since Sunday with the Shred, tracking my calories and drinking a boatload of water.  It’s already helping boost my energy level (which is super important since I teach high school) and I feel motivated to get off the couch at night and work out again.  Even Mr. Library did the Shred last night after me!  Yay fitness in the Library household!

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 1/3/2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors