(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 2/15/10

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
4385 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Hey Rosie! Congrats on the weight loss 🙂

I still have not weighed myself. But I have been working out!! Last night I did a 45 minute bike 🙂 Tonight I am going to run and do some abs!!

I know I am being weird about the weight thing, but I can’t bring myself to do it just yet. I’m planning to get on the scale in 2 weeks once we’re settled in our new house.

Post # 4
3788 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Congrats on the loss, Rosie!

Good job with the 45 minutes on the bike, OttowaBride!

I worked out three times last week and did reasonably well eating during the week. The weekend is still extremely difficult for me — we went out with friends to my favoritest restaurant ever, and who can pass up a seafood chimichanga? Not I.

But all and all, I am down to 143 from last week’s 144. Slowly but surely I’m getting there haha.

Post # 5
5498 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Start: 210

Last week: 203

Yesterday: 200

Loss: 10!

Who knew cutting out all those extra munchies throught the day would help so much! It’s a pain to keep track of calories, but it’s easier for me to do than telling myself not to eat. That gives me more incentive, I think. My workouts are getting harder, too.

Congrats on the loss Rosie, and Amaryliss!

Ottawa-I think it’s cool you’re aiting to get on the scale! I always get really intimidated. Especially since Fiance and I also tend to go out more on weekends!

Post # 6
482 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hello workout bees!  I am new to the thread and I absolutely abhor working out!  So I hope that being a part of this helps my motivation and kicks my flaccid ass into gear!!

I weighed myself via wii fit this morning… here are my stats!

WEIGHT:  147.5

BMI:         23,15

GOAL WEIGHT:  130

GOAL BMI:  21

As for the snacks… i am obsessed with fresh veggies.  I keep a bag of sliced cucumber, celery stalks, and baby carrots at work at all times and whenever I am hungry, i sprinkle a bit of salt on them and knosh away!

Post # 7
809 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Way to go ladies! Everyone’s doing so well at staying on track!

Starting weight: 156.6

Last week: 151.2

This week: 149.4

Loss of 1.8 pounds! (7.2 pounds overall…wahoo!!)

I did really well with food this week but was lacksadasical with exercise. I’m writing exercise in my day planner this week!

Post # 8
2054 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I had a little lapse due to the valentines day weekend…but I weighed myself this weekend and..

Start: 132.6

This weekend: 128.6

Loss of 4 pounds!!

ps-I got some pants from the Gap two weekends ago…and they were tight and the button wouldnt close…I tried them on again yesterday…and they fit!! they are still a little snug but the button buttoned! such a great feeling…

Post # 9
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Hello friends! Congrats on your loss.

I’m working out like a fool so hopefully I have had a loss as well. I didn’t get a chance to step on the scale this morning. I overslept (and there was snow – when is there not snow?).

Post # 10
485 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Great job girls!

I’m down about 1lbs from last week but it’s ‘the time of the month’ so I’m a bit bloated *ugh*!

Today I’m dealing with a wicked migraine, I think my body wants cheese… but it’s not getting it!!

Goal for this week: Run 30 minutes with no intervals, gym it 5 days, eat clean!

Post # 11
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

@ Emshaw  – I’m craving cheese as well. Trying to resist. BLAH!!!!!!!

Post # 12
485 posts
Helper bee

@completelyrandomsally: Aren’t cheese cravings the WORST!! I haven’t had any dairy in three days so I’m hoping this ‘withdrawal’ is almost over!

Post # 13
4385 posts
Honey bee

Good evening ladies! I just had to pop in to say I just ran 45 minutes!!! I am so excited. It’s the longest run I have done since getting back on the wagon (longest ever was about 65 minutes). I am very proud of  myself and felt like sharing 🙂

Post # 14
485 posts
Helper bee

Hooray Ottawabride!!! It takes so much effort to run that long, great job!!

Post # 15
4385 posts
Honey bee

@Emshaw – Thanks! And congrats to you on your weight loss!!! (especially with the bloating! awesome!)

Post # 16
950 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hey Ladies!

Sounds like we’re making some progress!  Keep it up.  I’m SUPER excited to report my weigh in this week:

Start: 142

Last week: 138.5

This week: 136 (!!!!)

Loss: 2.5 (in one week!; Total: 6)

Granted, I’ve got nothing on @His Barista, @toothfairyb, or @Ms.teddy (AWESOME progress, ladies!), but I’m feeling GOOD about the 2.5 loss!  And here’s the interesting thing: last week, I went to the gym a total of 4 times, but 3 out of those 4 were pure strength resistance; the other time was yoga.  Prior to last week, I was going an avg of 5 times a week and almost all of it was some form of cardio (spin, burn bliss, yoga, etc.)…and I’d only lost 4 pounds in a month.  There is SOMETHING in this whole strength resistance plan. In ONE week, I’ve lost 50% of what I’d lost in FOUR weeks. 

So, my experiment for the next 5 weeks (to be shared with all you lovely ladies, of course) is to follow my PT’s plan – 3 times a week, do strength resistance (following the New Rules of Lifting for Women – NROLFW – Stage One, pg. 140-141) & add up to 2 times a week of intervals (1 min flat out/ 2 min 1/3 to 1/2 half speed for 20 min).  I think I may get better results with this than with the cardio I was doing before.  This week’s weigh in has got me bought in!

Edit: please note, I’m taking the advice of a personal trainer session (it was free with my membership), not actually working with a trainer.  Man, tho’, I wish I had that kind of money to get one! 

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 2/15/10’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors