(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 2/20/2011

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
446 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I did HORRIBLE on eating this weekend – went for drinks and appetizers Fri night (and only worked out 20 minutes on the Elliptical Fri). 

On Saturday I worked out for 3 hours straight taking 4 classes at my gym: Abs/Glutes, Zumba, Step, and Muscle Fitness.  However, the 3 hours weren’t that grueling (which is why I kept staying for class after class).  I rewarded myself by eating my favorite junk food – GARLIC FRIES.  After eatings salads and veggies for the past 2 weeks, I couldn’t resist.

Today, I went on a long hike and ate some healthy baked falafel for lunch.  Just finished Jillian Michaels Kettlebell workout! It’s great.  My shirt was drenched after 30 minutes.

I’ve lost about 4.5 pounds since January which is HUGE for me — and I also improved muscle tone to the point where people are definitely noticing and complimenting me.  However, today I went swimming in a suit and we were taking pictures — I didn’t realize how AWFUL I look.  I’m the lightest I’ve been in 2 years and I’ve been working so hard, but I look like a flabby blob in pictures.  I’m so depressed but it will just motivate me to work harder.

Let’s hear what everyone else did! Anyone see more muscle tone or a drop in weight? Hearing that will be a great motivator as well πŸ™‚

Post # 4
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Once again, the weekend crushed all the work I do during the week. Had a few beers friday night and then saturday, we went out with friends for dinner/drinks. It’s just what we like to do. Plus I had a reeeeally bad week at work, so I thought I deserved it!  πŸ™‚

I did work out this morning. I borrowed a Jackie Warner dvd from the library and I enjoyed it. Definitely sweating like crazy. I like the circuits she breaks things down to. Hoping to keep it up the rest of the week. Good luck everyone!

Post # 5
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

Hi gals! I know I’m not normally on the workout buddies threads, but I was so excited and didn’t know who else to tell! I just ran 5.5 miles which is the longest run that I’ve ever done in my life! Yay!

Hope everyone else has a great week! Just keep telling yourself you can do it!

Post # 6
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I did really well last week, racking up 36 miles on the treadmill. 

This week I’ve already got one weights session in and one run. I finally took a rest day Monday and I’ll be doing weights and a run tonight and maybe a run tomorrow morning. Then I’m off to ski for a few days! A fun way to get in some workouts. πŸ™‚

Post # 7
446 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@2PeasinaPod: Welcome and congrats on 5.5 miles.  Amazing.

@Taylor4: 36 miles ?!? on the TREADMILL!?!? How do you do it! I can only take about 3 at a time.  Have fun skiing!

Sunday, I was really exhausted.  I did a Jillian Michaels DVD (shred it with weights), then a combination of 100 situps/pushups.

Monday I did Jillian Michaels DVD again, another combo of 100 situps and pushups and then I did yoga for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Rewarded myself by enjoying the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi!

I’m finally making some progress towards reaching my goal weight after having dropped about 4.5 pounds since I started in Jan. Yay!

Post # 8
630 posts
Busy bee

Ugh bad bad bad weekend. We went to Florida to visit FI’s parents and I didn’t work out at all Monday thru Friday, and we ate preetty terribly every day. Only good thing was that we walked around Florida every single day and I was exhausted by the end of each day.

Today I ran 8 miles.. back to the grind.

Post # 9
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@futuremrskelsey: Ha–well there’s a lot of walking involved too. I can only run about 4-5 miles but I tried to do 6 every day. I’d prefer to run outside (because if you run 3 miles out you HAVE to run 3 miles back!) but while this cold weather sticks around I stay with my treadmill and some good music or a couple episodes of how I met your mother that I downloaded onto my iPhone. πŸ™‚

Post # 10
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

I’ve kinda sucked at working out lately…not gonna lie.  I have been keeping on track with the hundred push up program, but that’s about all.  And I was planning on working out tonight, but then I remembered I have to go get a few fillings after work, and I’m definitely not going to want to workout after that…and tomorrow’s my birthday so yeah, not working out…maybe I can get myself to on Friday.

Post # 11
630 posts
Busy bee

did 2 miles really fast today and thwn chest and back. im back on track!!

Post # 12
230 posts
Helper bee

I’ve been pretty good this week. Did P90 chest, shoulders, and tris on Tuesday and Jillian’s Banish Fat dvd yesterday.. It really kicked my butt! I’m thinking of buying it to keep it in my mix of weekly workouts. It was nice to do something that didn’t involve weights but totally worked the whole body. I don’t know what to do today.. I’m thinking legs..

@futuremrskelsey: congrats on the weight loss!  How is the jillian dvd, shred it with weights? super difficult?

Post # 13
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@Taylor4: Where are you going skiing? I just got back from Sun Valley!

@futuremrskelsey: Congratulations on the weightloss, wohoo!!

@2PeasinaPod: Keep coming back and updating with us! I love to see what everyone is up to, you all keep me motivated!

@MandaMack: Happy Birthday!! Get going on that workout tomorrow, make this a super fit year! 

I haven’t updated in awhile since I’ve been on vacation without a laptop, ack! I hope I didn’t miss too much in the hive this week πŸ™‚ 

My workouts were pretty good while on our mini ski vacation. Last Friday’s crossfit was one of the hardest I’ve done yet, but I survived with little aches and pains. On Sunday I ran with one of my old track teammates on the snow when it was super cold, I was impressed with us, we went 6.7 miles. My hubs, the dog and I went snow shoeing in the morning for about 2 miles and then we cross country skied for 3.5 miles on Monday and on Tuesday I spent the day downhill skiing. I think I sweat more from nervousness than workout when I downhill ski!! Today at crossfit I did 2000m worth of rowing, and whew I’m beat! I have a track workout tonight (total mileage won’t be high though) and another crossfit workout tomorrow. I am soo determined to get stronger and get my goal time for my half marathon!!

Just curious, is anyone else on dailymile.com? I’ve been loving it for the tracking of the workouts and the community aspect of it.

Post # 14
630 posts
Busy bee

@MsPensFan: CST is the worst one- i feel ya

I did core today- happy that i finished it this morning so i dont have to do it tonight!!!

@seattlemeg: ive never heard of the dailymile.. going to look into it now!!

Post # 14
630 posts
Busy bee
Post # 15
630 posts
Busy bee

ugh woke up so late today and was NOT in the mood to work out. But I did p90 cardio. It was rough. Im going to eat healthy this weekend to undo what i did last weekend. Good luck this weekend everyone!

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 2/20/2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors