(Closed) Workout Buddies 3/20/2011

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I got the Turbofire series last Friday and I did the first workout (30 fire 10 stretch) and today I did the second (15 HIIT 10 stretch). These workouts are hardcore (cardiovascular) but I thought they were so fun!

Post # 4
Hostess
18643 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Aww you started one!  I was sort of holding off because I didn’t know if people were really interested anymore.  I haven’t done anything in a few days since my back is a bit sore.  I am going to try and work out tomorrow night.  I just have this blah right now nearing the end of the semester and I don’t want to do anything!

Post # 6
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Same old stuff for me, crossfit yesterday and today, run tonight and a really hard track workout planned for Thursday. My half-marathon training plan gets pretty hard from this week out, so I’m looking forward to it. I went on a beautiful run on Vancouver,BC on Sunday on the seawall, there were so many runners out it was incredible! I’m racing a 10k on saturday to see where I’m at with race pace, wish me luck!

Post # 8
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Not the greateset week for me–I did around 28 miles this week, but I front loaded most of those into long runs early in the week. I went to Boston this weekend to hang out with a college roommate of mine and there was much drinking and bad eating and no running to be had. 

I’ve got a plan in place for this week though. I’m feeling good about it!

Post # 9
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

Yesterday was my day off but today I’m doing Turbo Fire for the 3rd time…and I’m actually excited to do it!

Post # 11
381 posts
Helper bee

@2PeasinaPod: My half marathon is May 1st, so I’ve got a couple more weeks of training. 

We’re doing 5×800 on the track tonight, I had a rest day yesterday that included getting a massage. I highly reccomend adding it into your regime, if you’re running regularly and especially if you’re training for anything. A good massage therapist can help out a lot with aches and pains.

Post # 12
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

Yesterday I did my third day of TurboFire (which was a repeat of the first day) and I really enjoyed it.  My butt is sore today from doing so many roundhouse kicks, hahaha.

Tonight is another round of TurboFire, this time is a workout I haven’t done yet!!!

Post # 14
381 posts
Helper bee

@2PeasinaPod: Look into groupon type deals in your area for massage therapists, it’s a great way to test out a place without having to pay full price. Also you can check on here: http://www.amtamassage.org/findamassage/index.html to find someone. I put the keyword “sport” and my zip code and I think I may have found another massage therapist to try out.  Perfect plan on the 10K race before the 10 miler. I hope the 9 on the treadmill goes quickly for you. Sorry to hear about your weather. Hopefully spring is right around the corner. I’ll be thinking of you too on May 1st!! Hopefully we’ll both have great races!!

@MandaMack: way to stay on that program! Sounds fun with round house kicks, I bet you feel like you can kick some major ass after it!

My 800s went very well last night, but I have some sort of stomach bug today so I had to miss this morning’s crossfit, and I hope everything is okay by tomorrow morning when I’m racing my 10k bright and early.

The topic ‘Workout Buddies 3/20/2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors