(Closed) Workout Buddies 3/6/2011

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
630 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

hey people where is everyone?

i took a whole week and a half off due to tendonitis and shin splints. the wrist is even worse but the shin is better. i HOPE anyway. so im going to run tomorrow and due abs. i cant wait

Post # 4
175 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Find a workout buddy what was the best thing that ever happened.  If you don’t have one, I loved doing the p90x and Insanity video workouts. 

Post # 5
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

This past week wasn’t great for me–I got back from that ski trip on Monday, ran Tuesday, but then had to be out of town for work Wed, and Thurs, and although I packed my workout stuff I could never find the time to fit it in! I did 10 miles on Saturday (first outdoor run of the year!) and then did 4 today along with some upper body weights.

I’m ready to get back on the wagon this week. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’ll try this out ๐Ÿ™‚

This past week has been crap for me, I got strep and wasn’t allowed to work out all week and then my brother and DH’s brother came to visit and holy fast food weekend.  I’m thinking of following weight watchers for this last bit of weight I want to lose (20 – 30 lbs) and am hoping that I can go back to the gym 4-5 times this week and watch my food intake. 

I would love a fitness buddy if anyone is interested and needs someone to be accountable to because goodness knows as hard as Darling Husband tries, sitting across the room eating rather than next to me when he snacks isn’t going to tempt me any less haha

Post # 7
1237 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Boyfriend or Best Friend and I were supposed to run our 5k on Saturday (after training since January with C25K) but on Friday evening I ended up in urgent care with a kidney infection and skipped the race. I’m super bummed that I didn’t get to run (bf went without me and did great!) but I’m gonna keep running (once I’m feeling better) and hopefully sign up for another race in a few weeks!

@flyinpig3: Are you seeing anyone about your ailments and injuries?? I have also had a lot of issues with tendinitis over the years..

Post # 9
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I ran a 10 mile trail race yesterday which was probably one of the hardest I’ve ever done. My time was pretty good, I placed 16th overall and 4th for women! Today’s crossfit workout was okay, but my deadlift form is pretty bad, so that really held me up. It’s a hard week for me due to travel schedule, tomorrow I’ll be doing a crossfit workout at 6am, running 5.5 miles at 6pm and getting on a plane on Wednesday at 6am. I’m hopeful that I’ll be motivated enough to do the Thursday trackworkout while on my buisness trip and the Sunday long run when my hubs comes down to meet me for the weekend.

Post # 11
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

@seattlemeg: Very awesome job on the trail race! I’m training for a 10 mile run in May and I will be nowhere near the top :o)

I just ran 7 miles today which is my longest run ever! And boy was it ugly. I managed to improve my pace, but my knee was bothering me halfway through which made it really tough. But…it’s over, and I’m very glad!

Good luck to all of you other ladies with your workouts this week!

Post # 12
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@MrsSaltWaterTaffy: Thanks! Way to get back on the wagon! I’m excited to hear more from you on your workouts! The soreness just tells you that it was a good workout ๐Ÿ˜‰

@2PeasinaPod: Thanks!! make sure to take care of that knee! Are you icing it after your runs? 

@flyinpig3: tendonitis is the worst! I had to take quite a couple of weeks off last year because of it. Do you have good shoes, or orthodics? Don’t push yourself too much, I always have gotten it because I tried pushing too hard too soon.  

Post # 13
4682 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I went for a run outside! The rain has stopped, and the ice is gone! I only went a mile and a half, but it felt good. 

Post # 14
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

@seattlemeg: Yes! I iced it last night, though this morning, I had a lot of trouble with it. I have an hour long trainride, and it was not cool to keep it squished in a seat for that long. I had a lot of pain once I got up. I’m going to make sure I ice it again tonight!

@kaylee26: Very awesome! Keep it up!

Post # 15
630 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

GREAT JOB to everyone who’s been running outside!!

Im jealous! After the shin splints got better, i got freakin SICK! lol worst 2 weeks ever. so yeah im fighting off tonsilitis (i think).

The funny part is, since i havent been working out, ive been eating perfect and not snacking at all, or eating at night. when im wroking out 6 days a week im NEVER eating this good… probably bc i feel like i need to “reward myself” or i “just can” because i worked out. which is silly since 80% of weight loss is nutrition. i should just never work out and continue eating perfect lol. ughhhh

Post # 16
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@seattlemeg: Trail racing! That’s so cool! I follow a couple blogs and have seen posts about trail races and it looks like so much fun! And you had an amazing time. Great job. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m struggling a little with running this week…after my ten miler I can’t seem to make my body or mind want to do more than three at a time. I’ve run 5 days straight now. Might be time for a day off.

The topic ‘Workout Buddies 3/6/2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors