(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 5/10/10

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
4385 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Hi MissAsB! Don’t feel too down, everyone has off weeks πŸ™‚ My Fiance is leaving next week and will be gone 2 weeks, I’m hoping to ramp up my workouts to keep busy while he’s gone!

I didn’t work out much this past week. I did walk the dog 40 minutes every day though. That has to count for something! I also started counting calories and writing down everything I eat. It’s been working. I haven’t posted my weight in a while so I am going to start up again:

Start (back in… February): 177.0 lbs

Goals: Short-term: 165 lbs (before June 20th when my dress comes in), Long-term: 155 lbs.

This week: 172.0 lbs

Post # 5
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Hi friends. Last week was not so fabulous. Two workouts…Monday and Tuesday! Oops. I didn’t even bother stepping on the scale this morning. I knew it wouldn’t be pretty, but that bread pudding was pretty darn fab yesterday so I’m not caring nearly as much as I should

This week is a new story.  I got a few breakfast cookie recipes that I’m going to try. Tuesday is my first free night so I’m going to bake and use my KitchenAid (woot woot). I’ll let you know how it goes.

ALSO – came home yesterday, hubby bought a treadmill off Craigslist for $100. He said it was from the cats for Mother’s Day (his excuse for buying it without telling me). He needs to tighten the belt, but it is kick butt AWESOME. SERIOUSLY, I have no excuses now. πŸ™‚

Post # 7
1560 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Good morning ladies! I haven’t recorded my weight in a few weeks so here we go:

Start: 142

Current: 134

Goal: 125(ish)

Loss of 8lbs!! OMG! I’m so happy about that I don’t know what to say. haha! I actually HAD to put on a belt today because my pants were too saggy. Lord I can’t tell you how happy that makes me. πŸ˜€ Today is W3D1 of the C25K. My SO left for work yesterday and he’ll be gone for a few weeks so I’m going to try and keep myself as busy as possible with workouts while he’s gone. And just an update in case you didn’t see my post (I’m freaking out excited) we found a ring this weekend!!! I’m going tomorrow to pick out the center stone! πŸ˜€ Yippee!!!!

@MissAsB: I’m with you on the being down about him being gone…I’m lonely too! πŸ™

@completelyrandomsally: Exciting about the treadmill!!! I got new headphones as my mother’s day gift from the dogs…haha! πŸ˜€

@Ottawa: Great job on the walking!! I’m sure your dog appreciates it…I wish my lab was better on walks, she’s just not that good, she pulls a lot and when I’m doing the C25K it makes it really hard to take her with me and our other dog is only 10lbs so he doesn’t last very long…one of us usually ends up carying him home, haha! πŸ™‚

Post # 8
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Hi gals! Oof, I am sorry to hear about everyone’s hubbies/fiances being gone this week! I can kinda sympathize… mine is working on a project that has a really tight deadline and he’s been at the office until 10 or 11 pm sometimes! And he went into work half of Saturday! I won’t get to see much of him over the next 3 weeks and it’s a real bummer so I can kinda feel your pain.

@completelyrandomsally – yum on the breakfast cookie! I agree with MissAsB, please post the recipe, that sounds tasty!

@KansasPrincess11 – how are you liking C25k so far? I’ll be on W3D3 today when I hit the gym after work. I gotta say that I really LOVE how I feel after I run but while I’m doing it, it’s tough to focus! My brain keeps saying, “this is so boring!” Lol.

I worked out 4 days out of the week last week, which might be a personal best, lol. Hoping to keep it up this week although it will be busy… my mom is flying into town tomorrow and it’s my little sister’s graduation on Friday (yay!) so I’ll really have to push myself to stick with my schedule.

Post # 9
1560 posts
Bumble bee

@kwago: I have liked it so far but I’ve also been running with my SO, now I’ll be running by myself this week which will be harder…A LOT harder. Weather here is going to be REALLY bad tonight so I’ll be on the treadmill and we have a t.v. down there so that will help. I do like the program though, I’m to the point where I want to keep going to challenge myself which is better than hating it πŸ˜‰ I agree about after the run too! I find that I eat better if I run before dinner, so we try and make sure we do it before πŸ™‚

Post # 10
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

Sorry I’ve been on hiatus for a few weeks.  I had finals and papers to write, but I’m back now!

Start weight: 157.7 (back in Feb I think?)

Today: 149

I think that’s up a few lbs from my lowest a few weeks ago.  Fast food and finals go too well together. haha.  I’m back on track now though!  My goal is to run 2 times and to do 2 days of strength training this week!  My goal is to be down to 140 in 8 weeks when I’m done with my externship and move back to Tallahassee!

Post # 11
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

@MissAsB & Kwago – I’ll keep you posted on the cookies.

Last week, I was really stressed out about finishing the baby blanket for my cousin’s baby shower. Photos can be found here. I didn’t get a photo with the mama because I had very little sleep. I’m going to ask her to send me one. I finished it at 2 am on Saturday with the shower at 2 pm. I had a college graduation to attend in between with an hour drive each way. That’s the real reason I didn’t work out last week. I did determine that I’m never knitting a blanket as a wedding gift. Too much work! Heck to the no!

I’m doing my inital test for 100 pushups tonight. YIKES! Did you know the same people also did a 200 squat program as well as a 200 sit-up program? I’m hooking up with those as well. I think I’m going to do pushups and situps during the same 6 weeks. The best part about this…Darling Husband is doing this with me.

Post # 13
655 posts
Busy bee

I had a good week last week. I’m sticking to what has been working — workout 5-6 times a week, walk 25-30 miles, plan my food out the night before, and end the week with all my activity points and flex points.

start: 167.6 lbs

last week: 139.8 lbs

this week: 138.8

loss/total loss: -1/-28.8

@MissAsB– any plans to pamper yourself while your husband is away?

@OttawaBride– Awesome job journaling your food and walking your pup!

@KansasPrincess– What a great feeling to have your pants too big πŸ™‚ Great job!

@completelyrandomsally-Adorable blanket and enjoy your new treadmill! I love having one in my apt.

@Kwago- Great job working out so much!

@BostonBee- Glad to have you back! Have fun running this week.

Post # 14
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

First actual week here.

Starting: 136

Goal: 120-125

I’m pretty good about working out, but as a teacher…I tend to be on my feet literally all day, so once I’m at the gym, I’m already pooped. πŸ™ Today I stair-mastered for 20 minutes and then ran for 10 and did light weights. 

Group Power weight lifting tomorrow. Woohoo!

Post # 16
2006 posts
Buzzing bee

May I join you ladies? I keep a weekly excel spread sheet of my measurements but only share them with Fiance (he keeps measurements too!). I think it would be helpful and keep me motivated to share with the wonderful hive!

Starting Weight (4/26): 105

Today’s Weight: 105. I was down to 104 2 weeks ago but darn that time of month :/

Weight Lost: 0

Inches Lost: 3.5!!!

Workout routine: C25K every other night with Wii Active on my off days.

I just finished W4D1 of C25K and was so proud of myself for completing the 5 minute runs without too much difficulty!! Laughing

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 5/10/10’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors