(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 5/24/10

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Sore legs are a good sign of a good workout. 

I missed last friday’s workout because it was a national holiday in S. Korea and I couldn’t finish my workout today. I’m pretty disappointed in myself but I was only able to go on the treadmill for about 18 mins before my vision started blurring. I guess I just had an off day. Eh. I’m not really seeing a change in the scales either, which is not encouraging but I guess that’s my fault because all I’m doing really is cutting sweets. 

Hope everyone else is doing better. 

Post # 4
1560 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Oh yikes have I fallen off the bandwagon. I’m still down on the scale but haven’t been exercising as frequently or eating nearly as well as I should! I’m going to run today after work–NO excuses! The weather is great, I have the time and I need to! We got “officially” engaged on Friday (with the ring and him on his knee, the whole bit!) and are scheduling our e-pics for July 1st so I have until then to get buff and fit! πŸ™‚ I also have a wedding I’m in on June 19th and want to be smokin’ then too. πŸ˜€

@MissAsB: I hope you’re having a great vacation, thanks for popping in to do the board even though you’re on vacation!

@songtokwok: How long have you been at it? It took me a while to get to the point where I was seeing/feeling results. Don’t push the running too much, I totally have been there though! πŸ™‚

Post # 5
2006 posts
Buzzing bee

It was a good week eating/exercise wise, but the numbers on the scale didn’t budge!

In total I have lost 4.25 inches and 1 pound in 5 weeks :/ My arms did gain some muscle though as they measured bigger today, so I’m happy about that!!

I did 3.5 C25K workouts and 2 Wii Active workouts this week. Last night was W6D2 and we couldn’t finish it because it was so cold and windy outside neither of us could breath without our lungs burning. We are leaving right after I type this to try it again.

Eating wise I did good. Saturday we went to Disneyland and I had a chicken croissant sandwich and scoop of strawberry ice cream in a waffle cone. But the rest of the day I ate healthy because we brought a backpack of grapes, carrots, trail mix, apple sauce, granola bars and water.

Hope everyone else had a great week!

Post # 6
2410 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Hi ladies, not to sure how this thread actually works, could someone please explain? Do you just post your workouts and what you are eating etc?

Post # 7
1560 posts
Bumble bee

@plantains: Yep, usually we post our beginning weight, our current weight and our weight goals (you can see in previous posts) but lately we’ve all been super busy with work/class/vacations so we’re not setting a great example πŸ˜‰ Sometimes we post what we’re going to try and cut out of our diets (i.e. sweets/fast food) or we talk about what new workouts we’ve tried (i.e. C25K, 30 Day Shred, Wii, etc.) and whether we like them and what we think works. It’s really just a place for us to vent, get support and encouragement. I’ve found it’s SUPER helpful for me! πŸ™‚ We’d love to have you join us!

Post # 8
2006 posts
Buzzing bee

Just got back from my W6D2 run and it was okay. We aren’t used to running in the morning without food in our stomachs so I felt a little icky. We ran 2.5 miles down to the beach and then walked back home. I feel good because at least I didn’t give up and we finished it!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that yesterday I signed the boy and I up for a 4th of July 5k and then a 10K later in July to help us prepare for our 1/2 marathon πŸ˜€

Post # 9
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Sorry, I’m late to post today…

Starting Weight (1.09) = 262.2
Engagement Pics (8.09) = 215
Wedding Day (11.7.09) = 220.6
Last week (5.17.10) = 219.8
Today (5.24.10) = 217.4

Lost = -2.4
Total Lost = 44.8 pounds
Final Goal to lose a total of 102.2 pounds.

Tonight, I’m starting C25K Week 2 Workout 1. I’ve also picked my 5k, but I haven’t signed up yet. I’m going to run the Race for the Cure on August 8 in honor of my gma and my Mother-In-Law. I’m hoping to do well this week because I leave Friday afternoon for my cousin’s CT wedding. I’m not sure if I will have time to workout. I am going to pack the proper gear to do something.

Goals – workout at least 4 times this week; eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day; a ton of H2O every day. I want to lose enough that if I gain this weekend I’m not over 220. Here’s hoping!

Post # 10
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@babyboo and @completelyrandomsally – So proud of you guys and our other marathon girls on here! I wish I could commit to something like that but I think I’m still a long ways off!

Last week was awful, exercise-wise. I didn’t work out AT ALL. πŸ™ I did my best to eat semi-healthy but still ate probably more carbs than I should have. My parents and sister are here for vacation so I have been spending a lot of time with them and totally using that as an excuse to skip the gym. πŸ™ Fiance has also been working nonstop so when he’s not home, it’s hard to get motivated, but when he IS home, I’d rather go out and have fun with him than exercise!

I just need to start packing my gym clothes and head to the gym straight from the office. I wanted to do that today but I woke up feeling like crap… I think my sister passed on her sniffles to me. Boo. Hope it doesn’t ruin Memorial Day weekend.

Post # 11
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@KansasPrincess11 I’ve been on my “diet” for about 2.5 weeks now. I know that’s not long at all but in my previous years that’s all I needed to lose a good 2-4 lbs. I’m going to just keep at it and tell myself it’s because muscle weighs more. =)  

Post # 12
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Good morning, ya’ll! I’m having a great start to the week. I did C25k W2W1 last night plus W2W1 of 200 situp & 200 squat challenge. I’m a little tired this morning because I worked out a little too late last night thus keeping me wide awake. My body feels great though.

I recently bought a pedometer. I love it. It tracks steps, mileage, calories burned (you put in your weight) and the time. I heart this thing. Yesterday I took 12,150 steps (otherwise known as 5.752 miles. I think that is a lot since I sat at my desk for 9 hours yesterday plus in a meeting after work for 2 hours. I burned 775.8 calories. I was pretty darn excited.

Have a great day!

Post # 13
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

Ugh. My weight is up a few lbs this week because of my period. I know it’s just because I’m bloated, but it sucks to see the scale go UP!  I’m sure it’ll be back to normal next week.

Post # 14
1560 posts
Bumble bee

@songtokwok: Oh yeah, give it time! πŸ™‚ I’m telling you all this but don’t take the advice to heart all the time, oops πŸ˜‰ But everyone always says that when you’re working out/dieting to do measurements rather than just go off of the scale, that’s what I’ve been doing and WOAH what a difference! πŸ™‚ (Okay, maybe not this week…but in general haha!).

@kwago: Same here. I was totally lazy last week and just kept making excuse after excuse. I went out and ran yesterday…wasn’t a good run but that just means I have to go again today and hopefully do better because it’s my own fault πŸ˜‰ Stick with it, you can do it!!!

@completelyrandomsally: Great job with the C25K! I haven’t been keeping up with it as well as I should (oops!) so I haven’t signed up for a 5K yet but I’m planning on doing one eventually!

@babyboo: WOAH! Good job!! I’m doing W3 over because I skipped out last week…oops :/ Great job though, and a half marathon? NICE!!! I can’t wait to hear how your 5K goes!!!

Post # 15
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m glad hear that someone else is feeling a little defeated due to a period.   I was thinking “Don’t make excuses”, but at the same time, my boobs are twice the size of normal. There’s got to be some weight there. πŸ™‚

Post # 16
4385 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

My name is Sara and I have fallen off the workout wagon.

UGGGGH. Last week I worked out once and pigged out almost every day. I am scared to even get on the scale.

Goals for this week:

– Keep walking the dog every day (although he won’t go far in this heat!)

– Work out 4 times before Saturday

– Cut out all the munching I do in the evenings.

We have our e-pics session on Sunday and I want to feel good about myself going into it, instead of how I feel right now – DEFEATED. πŸ™

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 5/24/10’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors