(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 5/3/2010

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Hey girls! I did ok last week… could have done better but not bad over all. I should have done W2D3 yesterday but I’ll catch up today. I did W2D2 on Friday and I was seriously dragging, I’ve just been so tired. Hopefully I’ll get more sleep and less stress this week so that I can get back on track. I had a really fun weekend with FH (we went to Texas Frightmare Weekend!) and ate a bit of junk food but I didn’t overstuff myself so I don’t feel super guilty. Just gotta start on the rabbit food, aka salads, again. Wink

@MissAsB – Hope you feel better soon, sweetie!! My allergies have been horrible these past few weeks so I can kinda sympathize!

Post # 5
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Good morning, ladies! I’ve been slacking this week and I can tell. I just didn’t feel right this weekend. I’m pretty sure I gained so I didn’t even step on the scale this morning (oh, the shame – just kidding). I spent most of the weekend in a recliner with knitting needles and a deadline in my hands. I should be able to finish this baby blanket by Saturday.

My friends are having a swap party on Friday so I also went through my closet to get rid of stuff. Everyone brings stuff and can get new stuff. I’m hoping I can find a new goal dress or something. I also realized that I don’t need to go shopping. I have plenty of stuff that will fit if I just get off my rear and workout. That was motivating. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical this morning. Woo-hoo.

Goals – 5 workouts this week, ton o’water, good sleep, awareness of the food around me (treats down the hall at work – I HATE YOU), NO STRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@MissAsB – I saw the Insanity infomercial this weekend. I watched the whole thing. That is INSANE!!!!!! i have this whole other level of appreciation for you. You go, girl (and feel better soon)!

Post # 6
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

After a weekend of bachelorette and shower snacking I am NOT doing good today!  34 more days till the wedding and I am really nervous! 

I am going to try to stay busy so I don’t snack. 

Post # 9
1560 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

@MissAsB: Good job at doing the workout, I still have to take breaks with my video but just doing it is better than nothing, I think!!!

Today we went and started week 2 of the C25K, I did really well for the most part, physically, but we didn’t wait long enough after lunch for the run. Oh well. I got myself a new pair of “real” running shoes. The shoes I’ve been using were bought because they looked cute, not for their athletic abilities πŸ˜‰ Even though I was pushing myself b/c of the lunch factor I felt great. I’ve decided that on the off days of running I’ll do level 3 of the 30 Day shred, the days we do run I’ll do level 1. It’s crunch time. I was a little lazy last week. I’m going to take my measurements next week, since I know I’m gaining weight in muscle I’m not feeling great about the number on the scale.

@caszos: Try the snack-bags of popcorn or an apple for a snack, they’re okay to snack with but only if you’re really hungry between meals. I try to let myself snack ONLY if I’m actually hungry, but just keep it healthy. You can do it!!

@completelyrandomsally: You can totally avoid those treats at work!!! πŸ™‚ I have a food day at work coming up on Wednesday (Cinco de Mayo) so I’m in the same boat! πŸ™‚

@kwago: I’m did W2D1 today, great going on W2D2!!! Don’t worry about cheating every once in a while, I sat on my butt all weekend and ate a ton πŸ™‚ You can cheat every once in a while, it’s fair! πŸ™‚

Post # 11
312 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Workouts I did last week… I did my body fat test and wasn’t too happy about it.. the trainer doing the test was WAY rude about it- I’m sure it was part of her sales pitch but it was super un-necessary as I do not consider myself “fat”. Anyway- I’m giving up beer and other alcoholic beverages for 30 days, just to see if it changes… as I eat pretty healthy but Fiance and I do drink and eat out quit a bit.. we’ll see… 

Monday- Step class

Tuesday- Quad-a-ton (15 min elliptical, 15 min bike, 15 min run and 15 min on the new cyber something, I call it the “crazy legs” machine, new at our gym and then did some abs

Wednesday- Body pump and 15 min “crazy legs”

Thursday-OFF

Friday-OFF

Saturday- Kick boxing

Sun- OFF

Post # 13
1560 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

@Aimee: I’m pretty sure if she was sassy to me I’d be too mean back, haha! It’s too bad she was like that, will it be who you work with or just a gym employee? Your workouts sound great! I have noticed a big difference since I cut out beer and pop. Basically I allow myself one weekend a month to “splurge” because otherwise I’d just forget the whole thing completely πŸ˜‰

@MissAsB: Thanks! I’m feeling really good about my workouts today!!

Post # 14
128 posts
Blushing bee

@Aimee – I know a lot of them are perfectly nice/capable but I always get really anxious at the thought of working with a trainer. My Fiance has one through the gym but he hasn’t seen him in a while because he’s been so busy with work. We’ve been told I can use some of his sessions but I just never really work up the nerve…

@KansasPrincess – Yay! i just finished W2D3 of C25K tonight and I’m so stoked! I can’t believe the change in my endurance already. I mean, I’m no where near ready to running a 5k obviously but I’m actually not struggling too much on the 90 sec runs! W1 was rough on my body too but now I’m not even sore at all. I do run on a treadmill though and only at 4.8 speed. Kinda slow but anything much faster and it’s just really rough. i’m just going to have to work on the speed later.

Post # 16
128 posts
Blushing bee

@MissAsB – Good to know! Maybe I’ll just check it out after all! What I’m actually dreading is that “test” they make you take to determine where your heartrate needs to be or what you need work on. From what I understand they test you to the limit to figure all th at out and really that’s maybe the most terrifying thing to me! Maybe when I build up enough confidence with running and working out on my own…

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 5/3/2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors