(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 7/12/2010

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 4
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

I’ve gone running the past two mornings.  I’m slightly sore tonight, but I plan on going again tomorrow!

Post # 5
721 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Hi everyone!

I recently started eating healthier and exercising more frequently and I’m already feeling amazing.  I have to keep reminding myself “hey you’re still overweight.  you’re not there yet!” because in my head I feel so amazing that I think I’m at my goal weight.

Last week I went to the gym 3 times and walked a 5K outside once.  This week I’m planning 4 days at the gym plus a 5K outside.  I don’t do great with working out on the weekends because my gym is a short walk from work, so I try to go a lot during the week.

Do you bees find it easier / more motivating to do cardio or weights?  Right now I’m on a cardio kick and it’s all I do.  I know I should do more arm weights to look great in my dress, but the cardio is really motivating right now so I’m going with it.  Any tips on stepping up the strength?

Post # 6
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I worked out today! Yay!

I kind of branched off from the 30 day shred since I was at the gym instead of at home. When I go there I usually do just cardio, but I mixed it up today and I feel really good!

I start with 5-10 min of stretching, then do as many pushups as I can. Then I go to the elliptical and do the max for about 5 minutes to get my heart going. I run over to the weights and pick up the 5’s, and do reps of lunges and the squats like you do in 30 day shred. Go down for crunches and bicycles, back up into 20 jumping jacks, knee highs and punches.Lastly, I go over to the weight benches and do 3 sets of 12 on 3 different arm machines (ones a pull down, push forward, and a pull back, working shoulders, back  and all arm muscles) . Then I go back to the elliptical for 5 for minutes, more of a cool down. Then 5 minutes stretching out.

It’s about a 40 minute workout and I feel like I covered all the basics!

Post # 7
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I’m not stepping on the scale this month so we will see what happens with two vacations (I’m going back to Tennessee for a week on Saturday). I did reach the 50 pounds lost mark before leaving on the first vacation. It felt so good. I’m sure I’m not at that goal anymore with the food I ate last week, but I will get back there.

I ran a lot last week. I did a 500 calorie burn on the ellipitical yesterday morning, but I did something to my knee at work yesterday and couldn’t do the double workout I was hoping for. I did wake up this morning. I walked a mile on the treadmill. My knee is still a bit sore so I may be taking this week to a lower impact level on the workout side. I’m going to try to do a double workout today though. Running may be out of the picture for this week which is sad because I’m on week 7 of C25K.

Post # 8
3219 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I went on my elliptical for 5 mins last night does that count? I bought the 30 day shred but im kinda scared to do it from what everyone says!

Post # 9
1020 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

i’m just about to finish the 6th week of c25k! i feel great and im really getting hooked on the program. my fiance is about a week behind me, so i can’t wait until he gets to the part where there is no breaks in the runs.

since ive been doing this program for the past 6 weeks, ive been slacking on lifting weights (i think ive done it MAYBE once a week)..my goal for this week and next is to get back into weights a little bit more.

Post # 10
282 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

For the past week, I’ve been doing about 45 minutes of cardio and then 20 minutes of pilates. As far as food goes, I’ve been sticking to mostly fruits and veggies and have been drinking water and a small amount of unsweetened tea to fend off the caffeine headaches. So far, I’ve lost 11 pounds total. I am definitely starting to feel a lot better!

Post # 11
165 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

hi everyone! hope you’re all having a good week so far!

i started my c25k yesterday, and i feel good! knowing i’m doing something about my diet and exercise is an awesome feeling!

i also started my calorie count this weekend with the Livestrong app on my iphone and I’m loving it!

Next step, buy a scale. I’m terrified to do this By The Way.

Post # 13
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’ve been so good about going into the gym 5 times a week until this week. Got sick. But it is leaving me quickly. I am still counting calories and feel smaller (next dress fitting is on Monday). I will definitely go back to the gym Thursday morning, maybe not ready by tomorrow. I have been doing kickboxing class 2X’s a week, ellipitical once a week, pilates once a week and a personal training with a muay thai kickboxing instructor once a week. I really should be seeing more results than I have but I only started counting the calories about 2 weeks ago and I think that will make all the difference, let’s hope.

Post # 15
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

@MissAsB – I tried to run last night, but it just didn’t work well. I ran for about 7 minutes and had to stop. I did do a 30 minute walking workout on my treadmill. I’ve worked out every day this week, but I’m just trying to take it a bit lighter.

Going back to meet family in Tennessee on Saturday. I’m going to run the trails again. I know I can do it.

Post # 16
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

I’ve gone running everyday this week! Going to try to go everyday until next Monday.

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 7/12/2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors