(Closed) WORKOUT BUDDIES 7/19/2010

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I have been watching this thread for a while now…and I have decided it is time to get my butt into gear.  I will do my weigh-in and such when I get home to check out where I am at.  I am down about 10 lbs since November last year, but I have dropped a size so that is encouraging!

Last week was…not great for me.  I am going to the gym tonight for some cardio and an abs class (an intense 45 minute core workout!  I love it though!)!

Post # 4
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hi everyone!

Remember me? (Probably not, I wasn’t around for long). I started this back in May I think. I lost 3kg all up, and was saying how easy it was to eat healthy!

HA!!! I fell off that bandwagon pretty hard! Actually, I jumped. Uni got in the way and I had so many assignments and was still working full time, so healthy eating, and sleeping (had to go 10 straight days with less than 2 hours sleep a night) got put on the backburner. I deliberately chose to focus on my studies instead of eating well, as healthy eating, I find, is far more time consuming, as it has not yet become a habit for me.

I have put back on everything that I lost (I am pretty much the same weight as I was before I started last time ~58kg). My body must be pretty happy at this weight as no matter what I eat/do I don’t seem to get any bigger.

HOWEVER, I would like to be smaller, and need to redo all my hard work to get back on track like I was. I am now pretty much finished uni (degree in Primary teaching) and can start teaching now, so I should have more time on my hands as I will only want to work as a substitute, and will be working less at my other job.

Fiance is making it hard for me as he adamant that I don’t need to lose weight at all, so keeps bringing me home chocolates (which I am eating now Embarassed) and breakfast in bed (he gets home from work at 6am as I am getting up for work so I end up eating McDonald’s breakies a few days a week. He is very sweet but kind of annoying.

My goal is to eat REAL food. Fresh fruits and vegies, and eventually nothing with hundred of different ingredients with numbers and additives I can’t pronounce. The way I see it, I should be the weight I am when I eat real food, and exercise moderately. As at the moment I am eating whatever crap I can get my hands on and never exercising. I don’t really have a goal weight, as I’m not sure what weight would look good, as the last time I knew my weight I was only 48kg, which is probably too small. I would like to fit back into all my teaching clothes as they were expensive, so maybe around 50-54kg. I’m also hoping to join the gym, but every time I get ready to go, I freak out and don’t end up going, which is weird as I used to spend about 15 hours a week at the gym, back in my fit days. I need a gym buddy but I don’t have any friends around here and Fiance works opposite hours to me. Hopefully I will psych myself into it eventually.

Sorry about the essay (and all the parentheses!). I’m really looking forward to creating a healthier me!

Post # 6
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@MissAsB: I have told him to stop, but he thinks I’m crazy for wanting to lose weight. I also think maybe he might think that if he stops getting me food it will mean that he is admitting that he wants me to lose weight. (Sorry, that was confusing).

There are a heap of good classes at the gym that I would love to go to, but every time I get dressed and ready to go I just feak out and don’t go! I either can’t leave the house, or I drive all the way there and won’t get out of the car, and just drive home again. Same happens even if I just want to go for a walk, I’ll drive down to the beach and won’t get out of the car! I (obvously) have a few anxiety issues. Once I go once though I will be fine, it’s just getting over the initial fear which I have built up to be something terrifying. I am hoping to finally get there next week either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Post # 7
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Ok so I totally forgot to weigh myself last night…I think I will restart the Shred tonight and do that on days when I don’t have time to make it to the gym because I have a bunch of reading to do for my class tomorrow night.

@pohget: Honestly.  Most of the battle is getting there (where there is the gym or outside, etc).  I am kind of the same way as you.  I just DON’T want to go sometimes.  I find though that I need to get in the mindset to get myself there.  Once I am there, is it really worth it to just turn around and go home?  NO…so I tell myself to get out of the car and walk to the door.  And then I can be seen by the girl at the front desk and would look like a fool to turn around and leave at that point.  So I go.  Hahaha…it is not that bad every time I go but I know how you feel!  Once I start getting back into the habit of it again, I feel better about myself and actually feel crappy when I don’t go.  You just need to get to that point.  I hope my (terrible) story has helped you out – you are not alone!

This is why I joined this thread.  I need to be accountable – to my online WB friends and ultimately to myself 🙂

Post # 8
165 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

hi ladies!

still here, working on my c25k, it’s my 2nd week and i’m feeling good. i’m adding swimming to the mix because of the heat and loving it! BUT i haven’t been tracking my food intake like i should be. i always tend to get lost on the weekends. i’m doing my weigh in at the end of the month, so i’m trying to really stay positive and keep working. i’m hoping to see some good results, but not sure if i budged any. :/

hope everyone is having a great week so far!

Post # 10
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

So I’m eating really well, but not doing so well with working out this week. I think I pushed it too hard last week. I ran 5 days, but now my bursitis in my knee is acting up (extra bursa sacs under my knee cap are inflamed and make it very painful to bend), my hip is all weird from this horrible mattress at my subleased apt, and (this one is really dumb) I walked into my night stand and have a huge gash/bruise on my other hip. I’m literally falling apart these past few days. haha. Needless to say, I’m taking it easy for a few days. I’m sure my recovery will be quicker if I just take it easy rather than push it. I’m determined to eat well this week though!

@MissAsB: I see you’ve been having trouble with your contacts a lot recently. Last summer I had to see an eye doctor every week for 8 weeks before figuring out my problem: I was allergic to silicone, which almost all contacts are made from. My eyes would get all dry, irritated, and red after a few hours. I switched to non-silicone lenses and haven’t had one problem since! I use Ciba Dailies now. Perhaps you have a similar, underlying issue?

The topic ‘WORKOUT BUDDIES 7/19/2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors