Post # 16
- Wedding: November 2019 - City, State
1) Yes, everything will be fine.
2) The above point will not matter if you convince yourself that you’ll hate everything no matter what if it doesn’t look exactly like what’s in your mind. You’re being extremely negative and no one on this board will be able to make you feel better – only you can control how you feel. You have to make a choice to be proactive about having a better mindset, switching focus, and finding solutions.
3) You have options. If you hate your dress so much, go find one off the rack to purchase that does not stress you out so much. There are beautiful dresses all over the place – go find one. There are TONS of bees on here that do their own wedding hair and makeup and it looks lovely. So if your trials are so bad, then find an example on Pinterest and practice doing it yourself until you love it.
4) Yes, you have a short time frame, but it’s only getting shorter the more you sit around and fret. Worrying about all of this does nothing to help you. Kick yourself into action and do something to fix it if it’s so bad. If you think “you can’t,” then no one on here can help you.
Post # 17
Fair or not, I’m just trying to point out that you have options. These are your decisions to make: whether to try on the dress, whether to find a new one, whether you will do your own makeup or not.
Any of those decisions are fine. But they are your decisions and I think it will make you feel a lot better if you own them rather than acting like they are all happening to you rather than by you.
Venting is fine. Go ahead. But if you want to change things, you have the agency to do so.
Post # 18
I felt exactly the same way. On top of all that I broke out in cold sores all over my mouth the week before the wedding. But somehow they all healed up enough to be covered with makeup, and somehow despite all my doubts, once I was up there I felt great. Now I think back and I think of all the things I would do differently, but it doesn’t change that I felt beautiful. Once it all comes together you feel different
Post # 19
Also, I think letting your stylist know about your concerns goes a long way. If they are any good at all, they will make sure you’re happy with it and reassure you. I’m a stylist myself and the most rewarding part of my job is making people happy, so they should do everything they can to make sure you’re happy with it.
Better to have a happy mariage rather than to jump into to soon. Nothing wrong with being an older bride <3
Post # 20
- Wedding: May 2019 - Country/barn
margaerybeerell : girl I’m worried about the same things. I’m so particular about my hair and makeup. I did my hair trial 3 times and I really didn’t like any of them. I hope I like how I look and I know I’ll be my biggest critic. I just wanted to let you know I get it!
Post # 21
- Wedding: September 2018 - City, State
I just don’t feel confident being a bride.
Is it possible you’re having a touch of cold feet, and you’re channeling that into obsession about your looks?
You don’t have to answer here, but maybe reflect on this honestly to yourself. It’s normal to have some nerves around huge life changes. Be kind to yourself.