(Closed) Worst Use of Social Media of 2012

posted 7 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
3624 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

It looks like there are a few different stories in this link. Which are you talking about?

Post # 4
1944 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

?

Post # 5
46607 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Given that we are only 11 days into the year, I am sure there will be something even more “boneheaded” to come- pun definitely intended.

Post # 6
Hostess
16195 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Holy cow. That almost didn’t seem real with the way it neve ended, and the restaurant kept making itself look worse, and worse, and worse…

Post # 7
1048 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

So ridiculous. I love to yelp, and what she wrote was good and honest (even a bit nice!). If anything, there is a lot of constructive feedback they could have worked from.

The owner sounds like a real jerk.

Post # 8
3769 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

Ugh!  That’s a totally unprofessional and ridiculous response to a bad review.  That owner should be ashamed of himself, but you know he just thinks he is still in the right after giving all those insincere apologies.

Post # 9
3176 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Holy MOTHER! What kind of place DOES that?!?!?!

Post # 10
Hostess
11166 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Yelp is pretty pointless now in all honesty. The fact that companies can pay to have negative reviews removed and that most reviews are filtered leaves the average user unable to see the whole picture.

It is a pity that we now live in a society where more and more companies are not accountable for their actions/bad food/poor service etc and instead leave the blame on the consumer.

Post # 11
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Wow…………………….. I’m really sad that this is what “customer service” has devolved into these days. Just wow…….

Post # 12
913 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Unfortunately the result is press and more business for the restaurant. I do want to know how they got that woman’s picture, though.

Post # 13
441 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m not surprised by this story once I saw it went down in Atlanta. I’ve come across some of the rudest people ever in my short time living here. 🙁 Ick.

The topic ‘Worst Use of Social Media of 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors