Would July 7 2018 be considered 4th of July weekend?

posted 3 years ago in Etiquette
  • poll: Is 7/7/18 apart of the 4th of July weekend
    Yes : (10 votes)
    50 %
    No : (9 votes)
    45 %
    Depends : (1 votes)
    5 %
  • Post # 2
    114 posts
    Blushing bee

If you’re worried about the extended family, could you make a few phone calls to see if that date would work for them like you most likely did for the VIPs?

Post # 3
    1892 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2017

rao4400 :  Personally, since the 4th is on a wednesday, I would be taking off the remainder of the week, so I would consider it. I personally dont like holiday weekend weddings, but that is just me!

Post # 5
    5070 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2017

Considering it lands mid week I don’t think there is a 4th of July weekend in 2018.

Post # 6
    6 posts
    Newbee

I would consider the 7/8/2018 weekend as the holiday weekend since most people will take Wednesday-Friday that week off and go on vacation, etc…. 

Post # 7
    828 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2017

I think it would be, but don’t let that stop you. My dad and stepmom got married on July 3rd 2010. Huge turnout. If it works for the VIPs- it works. 2018 will just be weird because it’s in the middle of the week. 

Post # 8
    68 posts
    Worker bee

It would depend on what is going on in your city.  In ours we don’t do anything for the actual 4th, it is always 3 days of activities here.   Saturday the 7th, 2018 here is a HUGE fireworks display for us, so I would say yes in our area!

Post # 9
    9159 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2013

federal employees would have off on 7/4.  so it would depend if people take off the 4th through the weekend or the weekend until the 4th and what activities are going on.

one of the places we like to go to watch the fireworks does not do them on the 4th.  they pick another day.

PS. DH’s cousin’s birthday is 7/7/77, she loves her birthday date.

Post # 10
    337 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2018

I consider the weekend before the 4th to be the “4th of July weekend.” Everyone still celebrates on the actual day of the 4th around here. Most people even get the day off work. For that reason we confidently chose July 7th, 2018 as our wedding date. We do wish we could shoot fireworks that night, but the venue won’t allow it. I say go for it!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors