(Closed) Would this white gold ering & titanium wband match?

posted 8 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
2280 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

What is the width of your e-ring’s band, and the width of the wedding band? It’s hard to tell with just the pictures. I would presume that to keep it from feeling bulky, you would want something that’s about the same width as your e-ring or smaller. 🙂

Post # 4
1260 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

My fingers are as small as yours. Can you try on the titanium band with the E-ring? Seriously Fiance and I just went wedding band shopping the previous two Saturdays, and what you think looks good online might not look good in person (its like trying on wedding dresses, really!) My ring has a bezel set, circular diamond, and I am not getting something custom made to fit against the ring. Looks like you are not going that route either, so I would definitey suggest trying the rings on together. Good luck!

Post # 5
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I would NOT butt titanium up to white gold. Titanium is an incredibly tough, strong metal. It’ll scratch the hell out of your white gold ring (gold is a “soft” metal”). It’ll just gouge at it and ruin it basically.

Titanium is about a 9 on the Hardness Scale. Gold is somewhere around 3 I think.

It’s just not a good match. And yes, titanium will look vastly different than gold. It has a grayish sheen to it, despite the very high polish in that image on the ends. Even highly polished titanium in person is less white than white gold.

PS i’m a metals engineer and I work with titanium regularly. It’s what I Do =]

The topic ‘Would this white gold ering & titanium wband match?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors