(Closed) Would you attend an OOT wedding on 12/23?

posted 7 years ago in Reception
  • poll: Would you attend an OOT wedding on 12/23 (considering it's the day before Christmas eve)?
    Yes. : (32 votes)
    16 %
    No. : (163 votes)
    84 %
  • Post # 3
    3126 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2017

Probably not. Christmas isa very important family holiday and I can only get so much time off of work.

Post # 4
    204 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I put no but to be honest it would depend on how close I am to the person, if it was my sister or something then yes of course. A friend who wasn’t really close or a co-worker, probably not.

Post # 5
    633 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

A holiday wedding seems nice in theory, but I don’t think I would make the trip out of town so soon before Christmas. I wouldn’t want to take the risk during such a busy time of year. I know I personally would be working on wrapping last minute gifts, making foods and desserts, and cleaning/packing for Christmas day. We sometimes do the 24th at one house and the 25th at another so going to a wedding on the 23rd would be pushing it for us.  

Post # 6
    2320 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I would say no, but I’m wondering things like, is your family close-knit? would they be coming in to town for christmas anyways? can you use the wedding as a chance to get people together as an extended christmas vacation?

Post # 7
    7587 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2010

Christmas eve flights are psychotically priced and driving on that day is even worse. I think it’s the most traveled day ever. No way!

Post # 8
    4824 posts
    Honey bee

Only if it were family I would normally see on Xmas.

Post # 9
    13096 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

If it was a family wedding – Yes.  I’d be wanting to spend time with family for the holidays anyway.

But if it was for a friend – probably not.  I get very little time off work around the holidays period as it is and have to travel quite far to see mine or DH’s family.  Christmas is too important of a time of year to me to give up that family time at the holidays.

Post # 10
    2425 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: December 2009

Nope…life is already stressful, expensive, hectic enough with trying to coordinate spending the holidays with the family.  I don’t think I would have the sanity to even try to attend a wedding on that day 🙁

Post # 11
    6394 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

I’m sorry, but unless you were my sister or that’s where my family was that I was visiting, I wouldn’t go. Traveling is scary enough around the holidays, and I would only do it to see my family. 

Post # 13
    1285 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

I wouldn’t mind if i’m close to the couple. I LOVE christmas, but it happens every year and a wedding happens only once

Post # 14
    2091 posts
    Buzzing bee

Only if it were an immediate family wedding (i.e my siblings or parents). For other family or friends? Definitely not. 

Post # 15
    6892 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2012

Unless you were family or a VERY close friend, definitely not. My FFIL’s bday is 12/23 and my Mom’s bday is 12/24, and then of course Christmas. It’s kind of a big deal for us and lots of people may have plans to go out of town to see their own relatives around that time…we do.

Post # 16
    1041 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

only if it was my sister or brother, or of my entire family was going to be there too.

The topic ‘Would you attend an OOT wedding on 12/23?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors