(Closed) Would you call and try to follow up or wait a little longer?

posted 4 years ago in Career
Post # 2
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

wifetobee63 :  I would email your contact at the new job and keep it simple. “Hi Person, I just wanted to thank you again for the job offer for (Position). To be fair to my current principal, I want to let him know about my new position so that he can begin searching for my replacement. Is there anything you need from me? When might I be able to expect a written letter that I could pass on to my principal? Again, I appreciate the offer and am pleased to accept it. I look forward to working with you!”


Honestly, since you’re at the stage of the game where you’ve been offered the position, I don’t think it’s out of the question to ask. I’d rather ask questions and know than to wonder. Plus, a week is plenty of time in my opinion but if you’re worried then maybe wait until Monday? That way it’s a full week of business days.  

Also congrats on the new job!! 🙂

Post # 3
1051 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

wifetobee63 :  Hi! When I got offered my current teaching position, there was also a bit of a wait between the verbal offer and written one. It turns out that the school was also waiting for a written letter of resignation from the teacher I ended up replacing. I found this out after I was hired.

Anyway, I did follow up after some time because, like you, I wanted it in writing. I don’t think the prinicpal thought I was nagging. I think it’s to be expected since teacher contracts are almost always in writing. I think it shows that you are excited and responsible, especially in your case since you are leaving another position. 

The previous poster had a good way of wording it. I would do something like that.

Post # 4
273 posts
Helper bee

I was in a very similar situation. After two weeks I called the principal who had given me a verbal job offer asking her if there was something I needed to do on my end since I hadn’t heard anything. She apologized and said she would contact the district because they needed to call me. It took them SIX WEEKS to get back to me! I was so nervous the whole time but it all worked out fine. I think that school districts take a really long time to get everything together for the official contract. Don’t stress it bee! 

The topic ‘Would you call and try to follow up or wait a little longer?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors