63 %
    Other... : (8 votes)
    5 %
  • Post # 88
    592 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
    @thefuturemrsrowe: Give me a break. Underage? I’m originally from Edmonton. I bartended in that city. There are STRICT regulations. Those girls are all AT LEAST 18. The one that I recognize is 25 years old – and smokin’ hot. Even a 30 year old man “drooling” over them isn’t nearly as inappropriate or disgusting as you make it sound. So let’s get real here, it’s nothing illegal, I’m sure there are several bees on here with similar age gaps to their FIs.

If anything, it just sounds like a really sore spot for you.

Post # 89
    592 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @Linz1231: Uh, their wings ARE good. Lol. It’s true!

Post # 90
    293 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @Miss Lilac: Agreed!

Edit: Meant this about the wings, haha. Though I agree mostly with your other points too..

Post # 91
    3613 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

View original reply
    @Linz1231: “I love going to Hooters for their wings, and trust me, I am not going to look at boobs.” Oh pish posh! Just admit it, you like looking at the short shorts! ๐Ÿ˜›

This is a polarizing topic like the strip clubs so we’ll just have to agree to disagree with each other. For those of you who’re ok with this, great. Those of us who are not, no matter what the other camp says, we’re not uptight, jealous or insecure. We just have different values for ourselves and our partners. I would also be wary of oversimplifications like “it’s no different than being at the beach” or “well all men look”. Nuances make a huge difference. I’m for example very comfortable with semi-nudity on the beach and I’ve even sunbathed topless. For me nudity and being comfortable with your body is ok. It’s SLEAZE I have a problem with. No matter how much it’s shoved down our throats in pop culture and we’re made to think it’s the norm, to me it’s not ok. As far as checking out women, I’m sure my husband notices pretty women in the street and appreciates their attractiveness and that’s fine. Him actively going somewhere to ogle women, cranining his neck to check out a woman’s ass or commenting to his friends “dude check out the tits on her” would however not be ok. There’s a reason I married him, a mature and classy man who respects me, and not some grown up Beavis or Butthead. He can also have plenty of food, beer, boobs and butt at home. In fact I’m going to go serve dinner in my new VS bikini now ๐Ÿ™‚

This is the last I’ll comment on this topic, but I wanted to put the opposing view out there for those who are “shocked” by the numbers and can’t empathize at all.

Post # 92
    592 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @meliss: I do see your point. And I do respect it. But there are just too many assumptions being made. First, he could have a hot server at the bar down the street, it doesn’t have to be a bar specifically like the one linked in the OP. Second, your two examples are fundamentally different in that in one case he is with his buddies and that in another he is not. Fact: guys act differently around their friends. They say things that they would never say around you when they are with their buddies. Third, you don’t know what he thinks in his head when he see’s an attractive woman. In fact, he probably does think “check out the tits on her” – and not “I appreciate the lovely shape of her mammaries!” And finally, I don’t think that checking out someone elses goods makes you less classy than the next person. I see men who look unreal in their jeans, and yes, I will say to a friend and/or think “wow, that is one nice ass,” and I’m sorry, but I am just not willing to accept that this makes me any less classy than someone who is too prudish to admit that they do the same.

Sleazy, is grabbing their ass or cat calling, but having perfectly normal human sexual tendencies, observations and thoughts is something else altogether. It’s pretty basic psychology. And I’m sorry, but any woman who is convinced otherwise is fooling herself.

Post # 93
    349 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
    @Miss Lilac: It’s not sore.. Mr. R respects me, and wouldn’t eat there, because of how we feel about those kind of “restaurants”. Again, we’re not from Canada.. the laws here are different I guess. There are several underage girls working at those places here. (I think mostly as hostesses/food runners, not sure if they serve alcohol, again.. we don’t go there, I just had a friend in high school who worked there.) If you and your husband enjoy that kind of thing, more power to you.

We don’t drink, but if Mr. R and his friends were going to any restaurant to be around an attractive server.. I would have a problem with it then as well. I don’t think he’s not attracted to other women, and I know he will run into beautiful women on a daily basis…  but I think purposefully putting yourself in situations to interact with women you are attracted to other than your spouse is inappropriate. Be it your secretary, a woman at the local coffee shop, a waitress.. To me it’s all the same. Just as I, respect him enough to do the same. My dentist died and a hot flirty one took over, and I found a new one.. it just didn’t feel appropriate.

Anyway, I’m done with the thread.. my views are pretty set on this one!

Post # 96
    3600 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 1992

Just looks like hooters.

I wouldn’t care, he can look as long as he doesn’t touch! I know he’ll still come home to me.

Post # 98
    520 posts
    Busy bee

Looks like a fun place.  Certainly wouldn’t care if he would go…….but it looks awesome so I would want to go too……

Post # 99
    11324 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

lmao can we appreciate for a moment that the girl in #17 is pretending to talk on a phone… into her SHOE? 

And no, I wouldn’t care. As long as it wasn’t a standing m-w-f appointment or something ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 101
    921 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Not sure why I would care?  He would be going for lunch…I trust my husband so no reason to care..and as far a checking out the girls..no big deal to me.

Post # 102
    5109 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: November 2011

We have something that is very simalar here called the tilted kilt.. I wouldnt be mad its just like hooters or whatever.. So they get a little eye candy big deal no diff than going to the beach lol

The topic ‘Would you care if your SO went here for lunch? Possibly NSFW’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors