- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2011
Ugh, this process is so frusterating! After my last post
we decided to accept the counter offer, as long as they could get the roof and siding replaced by their insurance company, as promised. We told our realtor, but I don’t know that she ever told the seller that we were okay with 395k, because the roof/siding issue had not been resolved.
Several days went by while the sellers battled with the insurance company, who apparently wanted to repair the roof and siding but not replace it. Today we heard back that the roof and siding will in fact be replaced, but the sellers raised their counter back to the original asking price of $399,900, but will still give us 12k in closing help. Agh!
Again, our original offer was 390k + 12k closing. Their counter was 395 + 12k closing, but they couldn’t sign because they weren’t sure whether they or the insurance company would be paying for the roof/siding. Today they raised their counter to 399,900 + 12k closing. The house has now been on the market for 150 days. Inventory is currently very low… there are only 1 or 2 houses of a similar size/price on the market… so I imagine they will get other offers soon, if they haven’t already.
Do we just accept their price and be done with it? I feel like that is over paying a bit though. What do we do?!?
PS – We are adding in a clause that it must appraise for the sales price (whatever we decide on).