Would You Rather an Elaborate Wedding or Elaborate Honeymoon?

posted 1 year ago in Engagement
  • poll: The Wedding
    The Honeymoon : (0 votes)
  • Post # 31
    1473 posts
    Bumble bee

My dream wedding is not elaborate. Eventhough dream honeymoon would not be exactly elaborate but it’s significantly more than the wedding.

Post # 32
    429 posts
    Helper bee

Honeymoon. Never was really in to putting on a show for friends or family which is why my dream wedding is going to be more intimate. And even though it will be nice to have everyone celebrate us, I imagine going anywhere in the world for however long we want doing luxurious things just the two of us as newly weds would be even more special. 

Post # 33
    141 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2020

Honeymoon! We are doing a small ceremony halfway during our France trip, so its kind of like a wedding and honeymoon combined.

Post # 34
    1927 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2020

Definitely honeymoon

Post # 35
    423 posts
    Helper bee

Definitely the wedding! It’s a once in a lifetime thing. Me and my FH are in our early 20s and plan on having kids 10 years from now, which means we’ll be able to travel together and have lots of “honeymoons” 🥰

Post # 36
    420 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2018

Honeymoon, no question 

Post # 37
    1238 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 1983

I don’t want anything in my life that is “detailed and complicated in design and planning; involving many carefully arranged parts or details.” Elegant, sometimes; expensive, sometimes; elaborate, never. No Baroque for me.

Post # 38
    2548 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2016

Wedding! We can  have plenty of elaborate vacations throughout our lives, but only one wedding 

Post # 39
    555 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2020

100000% – honeymoon, I don’t care for weddings

Post # 40
    270 posts
    Helper bee

Honeymoon for sure! The wedding is only one day and it doesn’t have to be elaborate to be great. We went to a 5 star resort in Mexico for our honeymoon because we couldn’t afford something elaborate. While we did have an amazing time, I would have loved to go to Hawaii, the Maldives or Bora Bora instead. 

Post # 41
    832 posts
    Busy bee

We were fortunate to have both, but if I had to choose one I would go with the elaborate wedding. Can always plan an extravagant trip down the road, but you only get one chance to host all of your nearest and dearest for an incredible celebration. Might as well make it special and over the top!

Post # 42
    764 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2017

No contest, as we DID forego the elaborate wedding for an elaborate honeymoon.

We kind of jumped the gun and booked our wedding at our “dream venue” almost immediately after being engaged (a vineyard that backed onto a lake). Once we started planning, we realized how insanely expensive this venue would be in comparison to all other venues in our city… The rental fee ALONE was 5,000$ more than anywhere else and that literally only included the space. No food, decor, nothing.

We ended up switching venues halfway through planning and saving over 15,000$… and put that money towards the trip of a lifetime. We got to take a one month honeymoon to Australia, New Zealand and French Polynesia with the money we saved. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors