Post # 1
After some dramatic family stuff this past weekend, my boyfriend had to move the ring. He sucks at keeping things from me and he’s kept the ring from me for several months so he finally gave in and let me see it. He said I can either have it, or wait for his proposal which will happen before July.
I was so tempted to take it but alas, he sized it to my middle finger where I wore all my rings…. So I asked him to take it back to his dad(a jeweler) to have it resized. Now I gotta wait !!
Post # 2
I’d much rather have a proposal. It doesn’t have to be elaborate, but personally I’d rather have a moment that puts the dramatic family stuff aside, and the actual question is popped! I’m sorry that drama kind of messed with the surprise, but hopefully you can still get a nice memory from it. (Hey, at least it’ll be the correct size so you don’t have to wait to show it off!)
Post # 3
If it means having the correct size from the start and no more than 2 months away, I would wait. But then again, my SO and I have almost been together 4.5 years so what is 2 more months, really?
Post # 4
Wait. I waited 6 weeks between him getting the ring and the proposal. He was planning to propose eariler, but due to the season and the weather, he kept having to push his plans back. I knew exactly where in the house he was keeping the ring, but I refused to snoop because I wanted the next time I saw it to be when he was down on one knee.
Would’ve waited even longer TBH since we were already together 7+ yrs at that point.
Post # 5
Wait. I didn’t want a big dramatic proposal but I wanted him to be able to do it on his own timeline. I think he only had the ring a week or two before he proposed though (and about 24 hours after he asked my dad).
Post # 6
I would wait, it will make it all so much memorable and exciting.
Post # 7
I’d wait, I think you’d regret it if you just took the ring.