Post # 1
Sorry to add yet ANOTHER question like this, but I’m curious what the general public’s response would be right now.
I’m actually scheduled to be IN a wedding on this date (I live in the US) and the bride right now is still waiting it out and trying to remain optimistic. Invites have already gone out. One of my concerns based on what I’m reading here is that even if she is “allowed” to throw a 100+ person wedding by then, will people even be willing to attend?
So out of curiosity, would you?
Post # 2
In general, I would wait as long as possible and see – but I’m always that way. I don’t RSVP until the deadline in the best of circumstances because I’m in a project-based industry where I don’t always know just how chaotic my schedule is going to be 6-8 weeks out.
However, I am 99.9% certain I would be saying no in this instance. I’ve already canceled my vacation plans and a social event for that same time period so I honestly can’t see myself attending a large event by then. The canceled social event might be reworked as a very small dinner with a handful of people instead – but not making that call until the beginning of June.
Post # 3
I doubt the wedding is going to happen as planned. I would wait as long as possible to respond, and just contact the bride directly for now. Maybe tell her you’ll go if the situation has changed by then, and by that I mean if the risk level has decreased enough that 100+ person events aren’t a concern anymore, which is very unlikely.
Post # 4
Here in Toronto we are on a quasi lockdown until June 30 so a definite no!
Post # 5
Most likely I would RSVP no. I don’t think things will be back to normal enough to attend such a large gathering.
Post # 6
Nope. Even if we saw a radically unexpected downtick in the disease over the next 8 weeks, I wouldn’t feel comfortable traveling or being in close contact with more than a few people at a time until A.) this mutates and goes away (unlikely) or B.) there is a vaccine (definitely won’t happen by June).
Post # 8
i’d probably wait and see how things are in june. things are changing day by day– no one can predict what it will be like then.
Post # 9
Im from Toronto, no events or large gatherings through June 30th so its a no.
I will be honest I dont think many weddings will be happening in 2020.
When they finally loosen the social distancing it will be on a tier/priority based level so work/school/restaraunts I just do not see “a party with 100 people” being anywhere near the top priority list.
Post # 10
I know. :/ To be honest, these are my feelings as well. I would be very surprised if it will be allowed to happen. But I was curious how people would feel even if it was. It’s not looking good…
Post # 11
It depends. If it were local then I’d wait to see how things go in my state. If i had to travel then I’d rsvp no.
Post # 12
- Wedding: April 2017 - City, State
I’d wait as long as possible but if she asked for an immediate answer it would be a no right now. Even if things start to improve by then, they still won’t be “good”.
Post # 13
Its definately unfourtenate but the world right now is on a total lock down. Toronto just annouced of fines upto $5,000 if caught in public with someone not from your house not 2 meters apart.. so to think that months from now we will be anywhere with more than 10 people os just impossible.
Post # 14
No way. I’m high risk and it’s not worth it to me.
Post # 15
I would definitely skip it. I think it will be a while before I feel comfortable going to large gatherings.