Would you RSVP yes to a wedding for June 20th?

posted 4 months ago in The Lounge
  • poll: Would you RSVP "yes" to a wedding scheduled for June 20th this year?
    Yes : (3 votes)
    3 %
    No : (46 votes)
    46 %
    I would wait as long as possible to RSVP and see how things are closer to the date. : (52 votes)
    51 %
  • Post # 16
    13352 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

    There’s no conceivable way I’d go to any wedding anywhere by then, but would probably wait until she in all likelihood cancels. If she doesn’t, and there’s no miracle cure, tell her by the due date. If you are in the wedding, be sure she knows you are intending to play things by ear. 

    Post # 17
    761 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2020

    It depends on your states rules. We’re on a stay at home order until June 10th and who knows how that could change. 

    Post # 18
    13352 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

    View original reply
    coffeebean87 :  I certainly would not base any decision on state rules. At a certain point, the priority will become getting back to business, not protecting every individual. 

    Post # 19
    225 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2020 - Concord, Ontario

    With what is going on with the Covid 19 vírus I would be very hesitant to RSVP to a wedding. I would wait as long as I possibly can and if I don’t feel safe then I won’t go and as of right now their wedding date may still be postponed 

    Post # 20
    2629 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2017

    I wouldn’t go. There are still going to be coronavirus then and I wouldn’t do anything with a crowd of people.

    Post # 21
    147 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2021

    Nope. I wouldn’t go. That’s too many people too soon. 

    Post # 22
    61 posts
    Worker bee

    I’m in the same boat. I’m in my friend’s wedding scheduled for the second week of June, and I have an Airbnb booked and everything. Really worried about the whole thing. My state has an indefinite stay home order so who knows when it’ll be lifted, but deep down I still don’t want to go.

    Post # 23
    7590 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2013

    We are invited to a wedding on June 12 but haven’t received the invite yet as I think the couple is trying to figure out if the date will work. If we did get it, I would wait until the RSVP date and make the decision then. If I HAD to decide today, I would say no. 

    Post # 24
    7454 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 1997

    We’re officially out of school until April 24, but word on the street (or buzz from the county) is that we will be virtual through the rest of the school year. I would not feel comfortable enough before the end of June to travel to a wedding or to attend any large gatherings. I don’t know how things will look in the fall, but I wouldn’t plan on anything being “normal” until then – and it may not even happen then.

    Post # 25
    705 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

    Nope, wouldn’t be attending. It’s too soon, too many people, and I’m expecting so nope.

    Post # 26
    798 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2018

    If traveling or gatherings would be allowed by then I’d definitely go. If not then there would be no wedding to begin with. Therefore I’d RSVP yes 

    We are invited to a wedding which is planned for June 6th. We have a house booked but there aren’t any invitations out yet. I am curious how the couple will handle it. Curious how this whole thing will play out to begin with. 

    Post # 27
    947 posts
    Busy bee

    No. Even if things are better by then second waves are common and a wedding is exactly the type of large event where things spread

    Post # 28
    560 posts
    Busy bee

     No, even if lockdown lifts I dobut it will be enough to be able to attend a big function safely

    Leave a comment

    Find Amazing Vendors