(Closed) Would you spend $4000 for photography?

posted 6 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 17
2196 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Ours is $3300 for seven hours but we had to pay an extra $500 for our engagement shoot… if it works in your budget and you love their style then YES.

Our photographer was the easiest thing ever, she’d done photos of my brother’s famliy and kids so I was looking at other photos on her Facebook, fell in love with her wedding photos, and basically even before we were officially engaged I knew we were going to have her do our wedding, regardless of price 😛

Post # 18
857 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

No way! I’m looking to spend half that or less

Post # 20
6240 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

I spent more and never regretted a penny of it.

Post # 21
1130 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Ooh no, not me. I have a small overall budget! But for everything you are getting, that sounds reasonable.

Post # 22
Hostess
11165 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@smilestorm:  We did and our photos are absolutely beautiful. Photography is one of those things I don’t believe in skimping on. These are your memories!

Post # 23
8037 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

You can’t cut the videographer? Does anyone actually watch their wedding videos?

I’d cut the videographer and spend the extra on the photos if they’re that important to you.

Post # 24
3081 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

We did. But that’s the going rate. 

Post # 25
2890 posts
Sugar bee

Nope, but this price is definitely not average and would be very expensive in my area. If it’s considered ”reasonable” in your area, then maybe I would spend it if I were in your shoes. 

Post # 26
2267 posts
Buzzing bee

@smilestorm:  I am getting the same for about 2k. But that is also my area. I’m sure there are much cheaper ones around. Photography isn’t an “investment” like so many websites say, but it was important to me. 

If you have room in your budget, do it. When you want something this badly, do you think you’ll regret having it? I think you’ll only regret not having it. 

Post # 27
9544 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Nope! That would have been almost 25% of my budget and photography just wasn’t one of my top priorities. But that’s me. I wouldn’t have considered the $3000 ones either!

Post # 28
4690 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

@smilestorm:  I don’t feel like that is a fair question because where I live, $4000 is a great deal! And it depands on your budget and what kind of photograoher it is.  In NYC good photogs usually can start at $6,000. 

Post # 29
230 posts
Helper bee

Yep. I am spending 3500 out of a total budget of 15,000 on photography. It’s really important to me. 

I wouldn’t spend a dime on videography though.

Post # 30
3101 posts
Sugar bee

@smilestorm:  That is reasonable for a top notch photographer!

Post # 31
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@smilestorm:  We are spending a little more than that… if you are going to splurge on anything, I think photographer is the thing to splurge on. But different brides have different priorities. If this is high on your list, pull the trigger! 

The topic ‘Would you spend $4000 for photography?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors