(Closed) Would you spend $4000 for photography?

posted 6 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 32
1243 posts
Bumble bee

@smilestorm:  First, we’re date twins. :). Second, I’m paying about that. A little over 4800 for 7 hrs, 2 photographers, photo album, and an engagement session. Her base is 3500 for the 7 he’s and the second photog. That’s the avg. rate for highly-skilled, creative photographers in Chicago. There’s one guy that starts at 6k. His work is breath-taking. But alas, I am not of that life. 😉

Post # 33
2807 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

nope. $4k for that is too expensive for my taste.

Post # 34
1186 posts
Bumble bee

@smilestorm:  I personally would spend this much money on a photographer, and this is my budget range for a photographer. Photography is one of the most important things to me on my wedding day, so I want to spend as much as I can to get the best pictures.

Post # 35
8470 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

Hell. Frigin. No. 

Post # 36
10452 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Totally. We spent about $3800 and I love our photographer. Wouldn’t change a thing.

Post # 37
1633 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Yes $40k is reasonable to me. I contracted with a photog for a $6500 package.

Post # 38
1669 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Church

@smilestorm:  If I had the money I couldn’t guarantee that I would not spend it … We are, after all, spending about a grand less than that. Especially if it is worth it.

Post # 39
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Only if it came with an album! We are spending $3400 and we get 10 hours, 2 shooters, 1000 hi res images on cd with rights, photo drop at wedding, slideshow during dinner from day of and a 12 x 12 album 🙂 Love my photog! 

Post # 40
935 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@smilestorm:  Ours was $3650 – no album though.

We just had our wedding but I loved her portfolio and she was a gem to work with.  We’re not rich by any means but it was the one vendor we knew we didn’t want to cheap out on.

So – yes – I would spend 4K.  Pictures are very important to us!

Post # 41
387 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I am! My photographer is $4500… To me the photography and the venue are the most important parts of the wedding so I was happy to spend more money in those areas

Post # 42
1668 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Yes. We’re spending a little bit more than that. I did a lot of research and went with the photographer I really clicked with. I have been so happy with him so far!

Post # 43
733 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: City, State

@smilestorm: 

Yes I would because mine is $3955 but includes quite a bit in my package. I love my photographer don’t get me wrong BUT they weren’t my first choice but are very similar to to style that I loved. The photographer I loved was a little less in price but didn’t get as much in her packages. 

The package we are getting are:
12 hour of photoshoot time (with edited photos on a disk)
 Up to 150 Thank You Photo Cards
 30 page graphi photo album (12X8)
2- Parent Albums (8X6) 
Photo guest book or Signing Frame
1 Hour Engagement Shoot with edited photos on a disk

We also get to break up our times, since we only need 10 hrs of shooting time instead of 12, we are adding 1 hour extra to the engagement shoot (because 1 hour is gonna be shot at our favourite ball park) and than 1 hour of regular engagement photos. We are gonna use the other 1hour thats left for a 1 year anniversary shoot. Our photographers are very flexible and I love that about them!  

Post # 44
2878 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@smilestorm: I’m budgeting 3k – 5k for my photo package and flying mine in for the weekend at, covering his OOPs. 

It’s worth it, since it’s the visualization of those memories and moments. 

Post # 45
2523 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Nope- that would be nearly 20% of our entire budget!  We are spending 2300 (which doesn’t include print outs but DOES include wedding albums) and that was a splurge for me.  Even if we did have the money, I could never feel right about spending it on that.  

Post # 46
1826 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Ours was about $6200 and they were well worth it! Photography and food were the most important things to us so we had no problem spending that. It does include a large photo album, two coffee table books, proofs of every shot, a large gallery wrap and archival disk…two photographers for 9 hours and 2 hour bridal portrait session. (Think that’s the whole thing)

It always depends on what is important to you. We very rarely get photos done so we wanted to go all out so we could have some to put up in the house.

The topic ‘Would you spend $4000 for photography?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors