(Closed) Would you spend $4000 for photography?

posted 6 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 47
7460 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

I personally wouldn’t. However, photography was not that important to us. I only require ‘good’ pictures because I feel they capture the memories just as well as ‘amazing’ pictures.

Post # 48
6524 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

@smilestorm:  i spent that on my photography/videography

I got two photographers and 1 videographer. 9 hr coverage. I got a 2 hr engagement session. I got to keep all the pictures, they were all edited and photoshopped. 45min docjmentary video, i also go the raw footage to.that as well. 

Post # 49
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@smilestorm:  Depends where you are.  All of the decent ones here are all $4000.  More than I wanted to spend, but it was the average price I got from about a half dozen photographers.

Post # 50
7077 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

@smilestorm:  Yes, and I did. I’m a wedding photographer though, and so photos were VERY important to me. I know from experience that to get the photos and style that I wanted, I was going to be hiring someone in that price range. It’s all going to depend on budget and what you’re most comfortable spending, and then managing your expectations. The downside is, now that you’ve been considering photographers in the 4k range, nothing cheaper is going to compare….so if you decide that it’s out of your budget you’re really going to have be okay with knowing you might not get exactly what you’re wanting. 

Post # 52
4426 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

No, I wouldn’t and we didn’t. We spent $1400 (1 hour engagement session, one amazing photographer, all day, full access to complete set of prints, etc.). She was fantastic and it was the right amount. Whatever works for your budget and your particular area though!

Post # 53
592 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

Yep! We are. Package includes 8 hours, 2 photogs, online gallery, all full-res images on a thumbdrive, and an engagement shoot. I love our guy!

Post # 54
1680 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@smilestorm:  Yes, and I did! We paid $4000 for 8 hrs, two shooters, engagement shoot, and rights to all photos. It was the best decision of our wedding! I LOVE our photos.

Post # 55
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I am!

Post # 56
354 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

For me, no.  If I had more money to spend, I would still only consider it if we were taking pictures at some breathtaking location.  I think my venue is beautiful, but no photographer in the world is going to make those pics worth $4000. 

Post # 57
919 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@smilestorm:  I say yes, because I did. Our photographer cost us $3800, which is almsot 20% of our total budget. It is the one thing I splurged on and don’t regret it at all.

Post # 58
20 posts
Newbee

Our budget is $9k and I’m still spending $2850 on the photographer before albums, etc.

Post # 59
239 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - Latitude 41

We are spending $4200.  Just did our engagement shoot (which was included) last week and got some teasers back.  I AM 100% HAPPY WITH OUR DECISION. The pics are amazing.  It depends on your area, budget, and if you will be losing sleep over it. 

Post # 60
1589 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

If I could, yes. There is one photog here with amazing photos who probably charges more.

Post # 61
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Technically no, but we kind of are?  I’ll explain:

My Fiance has a client who is a top destination wedding photographer.  He offered us his like $12k package for 6500 (in trade with my FI).  So technically, we are not handing him cash for our photography.  They are, however, trading 6500 in services.  That also includes all of our photos afterwards.  We get to keep all digital copies. 🙂

The topic ‘Would you spend $4000 for photography?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors