(Closed) Would you spend $4000 for photography?

posted 6 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 62
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@smilestorm:  If it’s feasible in your budget, I say go for it! Photographs are very important to me, so my Fiance and I included photography in our top three focus areas for our wedding. We’re focusing on our budget on the three high priority areas and cutting costs elsewhere.

Post # 63
1475 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

We’re spending around $4500. It’s completely worth it to me. I couldn’t care less about flowers, but photography is very important to me.

Post # 64
8686 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

We spent about $4,000. We loved her work and it included albums. $4000 is on the lower end for the NYC area though….

Post # 65
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

If the Quality is great and you can fit it in your budget then I say yes you should go for it. Pictures are very important to me.. After the ceremony and party is over, pictures are the only thing we will have to relive our special day so I definately do not mind investing in photagraphy for my wedding

Post # 66
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

@gelaine22 I’m from NYC and looking for a good photagrapher so I’m curious who did you use  and what did your package include?

Post # 67
6290 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2014

@smilestorm:  Photography is really important to us: We’re paying 4k which is top-end for where we live (esp as it doesn’t include an album). We just lived their style, it’s very unique, very us, and is perfect for our venue, so it was worth splurging. That and we figure the rings and photos are the only things you actually keep after the day is over, so it makes sense to get them right. 

Post # 68
4192 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

Yes. If your budget allows it, you won’t regret splurging on photography.

Post # 69
2878 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@smilestorm: Ours will be 3 – 5k but it’s a priority since that’s what we’ll have at the end of the day. We aren’t doing videography though. 

Post # 70
553 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I’m spending $3k for just shooting and files. My overall budget is around $10k.

Post # 71
1570 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@smilestorm:  For my budget no. I am having a 10K wedding though and we got a great photographer for more less than half of that but if I were to have a bigger budget and that is how much the photographer I wanted at that time would cost then maybe. Definitely not for 6 hours though. I want the classic getting ready photos, the before the ceremony photos, the during ceremony and as much as my reception that is good before people get dumb and drunk. I feel anything less than 8 hours (9.5 for me) is not enough coverage…especially nor for that amount of money.

Post # 72
814 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Absolutely! Photography was our #1 priority! We spent $3700, plus all the prints and albums for the additional sessions!

Post # 73
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - Catholic Church Ceremony & Restaurant/Bed & Breakfast Reception

I guess it depends on your overall budget. Photographs are super special to me and my Fiance and the family (well, mom, Mother-In-Law, and grandparents!). We are spending a little less than that but it’s almost 1/5 of our total wedding budget.

Post # 74
3139 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Due to my budget and we paid for the entire wedding ourselves I would say no. We budgeted our entire wedding to be under $5000. I was not working and we have a mortgage so that was not the priority at the time

Post # 75
1113 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@smilestorm:  I did, and it was the best investment we made for the wedding. Our Photographer was incredible, and he was so easy to work with. 

It depends on the person though. We decided we wanted to spend that kind of money on the photography before hand so we had a large budget for it.

Post # 76
306 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Oh, lawd! I’m getting my Aunt to take pictures- she has a very nice camera. I also have a friend who will bring her nice camera and take photos as well. I’m on a tight budget! If only money was no object…

The topic ‘Would you spend $4000 for photography?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors