(Closed) Would you spend 500 bucks on a cake topper?

posted 6 years ago in Decor
  • poll: Hnnnnnggg
    You buy that cake topper right now. I will now post many reasons to justify spending this amount : (23 votes)
    5 %
    Don't buy it! What the heck it's FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS are you insane?? : (452 votes)
    95 %
  • Post # 137
    2091 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

You make me feel sooo much better about considering spending $50 on one. I spent $29 on mine; it just came today in fact. It goes with our theme, is beautiful, and it is personalized. I will be displaying it in my house and it came with a stand! Sorry, but $500 is way too much for me to spend on a cake topper. That is more than I will spend individually on the cake, dress, makeup, and officiant. It is just too much. Shop around, please…

Post # 138
    1213 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

@Chrysoberyl:  I guess it depends on your budget. I never would though. Our whole wedding is going to be less than $4000 so spending 1/8th of the budget on a cake topper is crazy.

Post # 139
    8470 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2012

What?!?!?!

Post # 140
    3682 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

If it’s something you really want, I’d priortize the funds to get it. However, cake toppers are pretty unnecessary. Something you use for one night, no one really notices, and you never get much use out of again. I understand you can display it in your home afterwards, but a cake topper wasn’t a financial priority for me.

Post # 141
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

@Chrysoberyl:  no. It’s a little too Much money for me to spend on a cake topper. There are so many other nicer, more useful things you can use with that money

Post # 142
    617 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

@Chrysoberyl:  As an artist myself, I can appreciate the piece and see the originality in it. When I first read your title, I thought to myself, “No way! What cake topper would be worth $500?!” But now I understand. Honestly, if I had the extra money to spend, I would. It’s such a great, beautiful art piece and you can display it in your home after as a genuine art piece and a symbol of your wedding. I say go for it, but don’t over budget if you can’t afford it. 

Post # 143
    2777 posts
    Sugar bee

I think cake toppers are ugly anyway, plus it’s $500?!?! There’s just no way I’d ever do that.

Post # 144
    12 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: April 2014

@Chrysoberyl:  it is pretty and I love blown glass BUT *I* couldn’t spend $500 on a cake topper. Art after this wedding is done, maybe but we don’t have it to spend now. If you do and you love it, go for it. I might shop around a bit though…

Post # 145
    5063 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2014

I would never spend that amount. 

The topic ‘Would you spend 500 bucks on a cake topper?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors